What does this email mean?

HaoJu

Hey guys,

I asked the McGill Music School for updates last Thursday, and now received a reply as such... Can't really get what she means. Is this email positive or negative? Does this means I will probably be expecting an offer from them later?

Our conversation:

H** J*
2019 Feb 07 20:47 EST
To whom it may concern, A late Happy Chinese New Year! I hope this email is not bothering you, but I was wondering if you might know when approximately would the admission results be available? Thanks a million :) Best, H**

Administrator
2019 Feb 13 09:37 EST
Happy Chinese New Year to you as well, H**! This email is to inform you that the Music Technology Area as recommended you to the MA Music Technology program for Fall 2019. I hope this helps. Best, M*ry D* St*f*n*

2 minutes ago, civitas said:

If you are applying to a PhD program, it means you are out of the game. Otherwise, congratulations!

Thanks!

I applied to MA in Music Tech (the exact same program they said they recommended me to), but my status in the system is still "In Review"... Well, it's good to know that's a piece of positive news!

Hey, congratulations!

I did my undergraduate at McGill. The education is second-to-none but the administration can be... Challenging. So, if your program recommended you, then you are IN! And the system will probably update your status sometime before the end of the Year of the Pig. LOL.