CMU METALS 2019 Fall Applicants

Alexyc

Anyone applied to CMU METALS (Master of Educational Technology and Applied Learning Science)?

I applied to the METALS program but has not heard from it yet, nor is there any visit on my portfolio.

One can only wait.:rolleyes:

12 hours ago, Troyanov said:

They will release decisions in early March. Only two to three weeks away.

Thanks for the information!

I know that last year, they sent out some decisions in late Feb. so I was a little anxious :D!

2 hours ago, ohdeargodwhy said:

I also applied to this program - I have some profile hits from CMU but I have no idea if they were from METALS or the MPS Interaction Design. 

Wow. That's great news I guess. Good luck!!

• 2 weeks later...

I was accepted to this program, was notified by email!

Congrats to all who were accepted! As an International student I'll be missing the chance to attend Open House in person and will be attending virtually.

Any ideas to connect and discuss with the incoming cohort, anyone?

Edited by Caroler

1 minute ago, Caroler said:

I was accepted to this program, was notified by email!

Congrats to all who were accepted! As an International student I'll be missing the chance to attend Open House in person.

Suggestions to connect virtually, anyone?

Congrats!! I'm also an international applicant who just got accepted. Pity that we gonna miss the Open House : (

Has anyone been in communication with the department?

I sent an email asking general questions and the response I got not only didn't answer them but was extremely rude (from Jo)

I'm still waiting to hear from two other programs and the response really put me off of metals ?

On 3/5/2019 at 1:56 AM, ohdeargodwhy said:

Has anyone been in communication with the department?

I sent an email asking general questions and the response I got not only didn't answer them but was extremely rude (from Jo)

I'm still waiting to hear from two other programs and the response really put me off of metals ?

Nah. I haven't contact the program directly.

Though, I spoke to some METALS alums, they were generally very kind and responsive, providing detailed information about this program. They particularily talked about how supportive METALS professors are.

I'm also waiting for two other programs - pm me if you need more information about METALS (I don't know much, but maybe some info could be useful).

13 hours ago, Alexyc said:

Nah. I haven't contact the program directly.

Though, I spoke to some METALS alums, they were generally very kind and responsive, providing detailed information about this program. They particularily talked about how supportive METALS professors are.

I'm also waiting for two other programs - pm me if you need more information about METALS (I don't know much, but maybe some info could be useful).

Yes I've talked to current students and they have all been very helpful. I am planning on attending the admitted students day(s) next month.

I think my anxiety about which program to choose had been high and I'm reading too much into quick emails lol