Waitlist

KarD1989

Hello! I am so excited that I found this forum! I was recently placed on a ranked waitlist for a Clinical PsyD program and ever since I found out I have been an absolute mess! Does anyone else have experience being placed on a ranked waitlist?? Should I just go ahead and assume that I won't be getting into this program this year?

Thank you in advance!

Hey there!  Fellow waitlistee here....I'm so sorry you find yourself in this awful limbo of uncertainty.  There's nothing worse than being so close yet so far from your dream program!  Been there (still there lol)!  I posted a few weeks ago asking about peoples' experiences on the waitlist and found everyone's responses very helpful and encouraging, take a look. I hope this is at least somewhat helpful. 

Sending positive vibes your way. 

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone!

I applied to one program, Marymount University Forensic & Legal Psychology Program (M.A.)! I was told on February 25th that I got waitlisted! I emailed the school for more information on my status right after receiving the news and they told me there are about 40-50 people on the waitlist and that I am in the top third! (Side note: they said they get around 200 applicants every year and accept around 90 people). The program had a deadline for a deposit (to save your spot) for accepted students on March 15th. I was really hoping to hear something around those days, hoping that enough people didn't pay for their spot in order for them to offer me admission. I attended their open house and their program specific welcome event (waitlisted students were invited too). What should I do next? Should I wait until after April 15th to email them to see if my rank has changed at all, in hopes that someone who paid for their spot got accepted somewhere else and decided to decline the program? 

So anxious!! 

Just saying: waitlist solidarity! My only options right now are two waitlists. I was just talking to my mom about if I should try to rank these two in case I get in. It seems too hopeful to think I'll get both (and also probably false), but I'm also someone who always wants to be prepared for every scenario. Here's some hope for you: I was accepted off the waitlist for my current PhD program midday on April 15th. It's a different field, but I would guess that the same holds for Psychology.