UCLA

Prose

4 hours ago, TCH867 said:

Hi, do you know how many ppl were accepted? I didn't see any posts on TGC.

I took a quick look at the admissions sheet and it looks like there was a direct claim on acceptances over in the FB chat/FB group (not everyone is on TGC and FB, so there probably is some disconnect if/when info gets shared across the platforms ? 

Just now, MtnDuck said:

I took a quick look at the admissions sheet and it looks like there was a direct claim on acceptances over in the FB chat/FB group (not everyone is on TGC and FB, so there probably is some disconnect if/when info gets shared across the platforms ? 

Thank you! Yeah, I know that there was a claim of an acceptance. I'm trying to figure out roughly how many ppl were accepted in total - that way, I can better gauge the chances of getting off of the waitlist. I've been somewhat anxious over this waitlist, since there's like one claimed acceptance thus far.

9 minutes ago, TCH867 said:

Thank you! Yeah, I know that there was a claim of an acceptance. I'm trying to figure out roughly how many ppl were accepted in total - that way, I can better gauge the chances of getting off of the waitlist. I've been somewhat anxious over this waitlist, since there's like one claimed acceptance thus far.

I've only seen one claimed acceptance in the group (that was via messenger). On the group there were 4 claimed WL spots (which doesn't help you gauge things I know). For past years based on reporting it looks like the average is somewhere between 5-7 people offered acceptances (not counting any later offers from the WL)

7 minutes ago, MtnDuck said:

I've only seen one claimed acceptance in the group (that was via messenger). On the group there were 4 claimed WL spots (which doesn't help you gauge things I know). For past years based on reporting it looks like the average is somewhere between 5-7 people offered acceptances (not counting any later offers from the WL)

Thank you! Do you think there's any reason to believe that fewer ppl were admitted this year?

7 hours ago, TCH867 said:

Thank you! Do you think there's any reason to believe that fewer ppl were admitted this year?

I know that some California schools (at least Davis) supposedly ran into funding problems last year and had more restrictions on admitting folks so, if true and if applicable to UCLA then it could be that they have to admit a few fewer. But that would be the worse case scenario. My bet would be for at least 5 folks being admitted (one year it looked like 9ish?) but so far there just aren't enough reports this year to guess anything with any certainty ? 

4 hours ago, MtnDuck said:

I know that some California schools (at least Davis) supposedly ran into funding problems last year and had more restrictions on admitting folks so, if true and if applicable to UCLA then it could be that they have to admit a few fewer. But that would be the worse case scenario. My bet would be for at least 5 folks being admitted (one year it looked like 9ish?) but so far there just aren't enough reports this year to guess anything with any certainty ? 

Thank you so much!

Is anyone else having Issues with accessing the UCLA decision letter? I didn't get any email notification but logged into the portal and it says a decision is available but when I click on it nothing happens. Tried clearing my cookies, different browsers, still can't access it. Possibly this is because I applied to the JD/PhD. I'm presuming a rejection at this point since it seems like everyone who got an acceptance or waitlist got a personal email, but I just want closure! 

5 minutes ago, akraticfanatic said:

Is anyone else having Issues with accessing the UCLA decision letter? I didn't get any email notification but logged into the portal and it says a decision is available but when I click on it nothing happens. Tried clearing my cookies, different browsers, still can't access it. Possibly this is because I applied to the JD/PhD. I'm presuming a rejection at this point since it seems like everyone who got an acceptance or waitlist got a personal email, but I just want closure! 

If you open Developer Tools in Chrome, what does it say? Does it display any errors when you click? If not, looks like the hyperlink just isn't actually working and you may need to contact them. Worth trying Dev Tools though.