NSERC C/PGSD 2019-2020

J0n

7 minutes ago, J0n said:

Also from U of C here. Does you online  application show 'Received' or 'Approved' as status? The NSERC website says status will appear as Approved if application is forwarded from institution for consideration, but mine says Received. Not sure why

Mine says “Received” although last years that didn’t get forwarded just says “Submitted” so I think everything is okay. 

Edited by cryoAlex
Typo

6 minutes ago, micro-cat said:

Tomorrow is exactly 17 weeks from the forwarding announcement at UofA! Hoping tomorrow - so tired of waiting.

Yesterday was exactly 17 weeks since the NSERC Deadline from institutes(25th of November), and today is the deadline for the 23 weeks for people applying directly to NSERC (15th of October)

25 minutes ago, cryoAlex said:

Mine says “Received” although last years that didn’t get forwarded just says “Submitted” so I think everything is okay. 

I see. Good luck my friend!

8 hours ago, cryoAlex said:

Do they release the results on the login in portal or through email? I got locked out of my account and am too embarrassed to phone them before results come out :P

23 minutes ago, Elli_056 said:

Do they release the results on the login in portal or through email? I got locked out of my account and am too embarrassed to phone them before results come out :P

I think only through email. I think it only shows up online when you have accepted or declined an offer. 

13 minutes ago, cryoAlex said:

I think only through email. I think it only shows up online when you have accepted or declined an offer. 

Thank you! So now the question is do I wait for the emails to get sent out before getting my account unlocked or just bite the bullet and admit my failure at remembering passwords now. 

31 minutes ago, turtleprincess said:

Anyone remember what happened last year? I checked the email I use for NSERC and last year I didn't even get an email - it just came in the mail (rejected).

Still no word. Anyone?

What? No email at all? That sucks. 

I'm applying for the first time this year (directly to NSERC) and I was under the impression we would get an email even if we get rejected. 

10 hours ago, turtleprincess said:

Anyone remember what happened last year? I checked the email I use for NSERC and last year I didn't even get an email - it just came in the mail (rejected).

Still no word. Anyone?

I got an email with the decision (rejected) last year, and a follow up in the mail with my ranking.

I really hope they let us know before April 15th, which is the deadline for accepting offers. Due to my intended PhD supervisor leaving for a school in another country and my inability to follow him, I am now an extremely late applicant to Queen's and UOIT. I don't even have an official offer yet from Queen's. But, if I had external funding.... I think it would boost my chances significantly. If the mid-April notification post is true... then that really sucks :(

19 hours ago, nr2b said:

was forwarded by UofT - it's starting to drive me crazy. Hope they'll release results tomorrow, Friday, or Monday at the latest...

I think tomorrow will be the day. I got an email from my university on November 23rd saying I was forwarded so tomorrow will be exactly 17 weeks (what the NSERC website says) from then. I can't imagine them doing mid-april, my institution told me that it would be late march. 

11 minutes ago, Elli_056 said:

I think tomorrow will be the day. I got an email from my university on November 23rd saying I was forwarded so tomorrow will be exactly 17 weeks (what the NSERC website says) from then. I can't imagine them doing mid-april, my institution told me that it would be late march. 

Good point, I think different people have estimated "17 weeks" differently, but most unis websites say that results come out late march. I think the CGS-M results come out later in April which is a point of confusion

10 minutes ago, Elli_056 said:

I was also forwarded on November 23rd this year, but was forwarded on November 27th last year, when they released the results on March 28th at around 2:30 pm EST (at least that's when I got the email). So here's hoping that the results will be released in the next hour? If not, they're taking longer than last year (which was also longer than the year before apparently) so who knows.