SSHRC CGS Master's (funding for 2019-2020)

inthewake

Received the following from "donotreply-nepasrepondre@sshrc-crsh.gc.ca" about 2 hours ago. 

Funding Opportunity: Canada Graduate Scholarships-Master’s Program

La version française suit.

This is an automated email message. Please do not reply.

The status of your application has changed. As of April 1, consult the Application Overview page in the Research Portal to view the results.

looks like we won't have to stay up all night to find out the results this year lol

(La version française suit)

The results of the 2019 CGS M Competition will be available to applicants in the Research Portal starting April 1, 2019 at 8:00 a.m. (ET).

In the Research Portal, applicants must select “Open” under the “Action” column in order to see the status of their application at each of their proposed institutions. Applicants will have 21 days from the date of each offer of award to accept or decline the offer. The status of offers that are not accepted or declined within that period of time will be automatically and irreversibly set to Declined in the Research Portal, and the offer will be considered cancelled.  Should some of their offers be declined, institutions may make subsequent offers to applicants listed as alternates until they have no awards remaining. These subsequent offers may be made until January 31, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. (ET). It is the responsibility of the applicant to regularly verify the Research Portal as of April 1 for results of the competition.

Sincerely,

CIHR - CGSMA-BESCBM@cihr-irsc.gc.ca 

NSERC - schol@nserc-crsng.gc.ca

SSHRC- fellowships@sshrc-crsh.gc.ca  

The programs divisions of CIHR, NSERC and SSHRC

I just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck today! I remember how stressful this season was when I was applying for CGS-M's and I want to reiterate - as many supportive people on this forum already have - that the worth of your work and your potential is not valued by a scholarship. That being said I am rooting for all of you out there!!

Edited by EGerbran

3 hours ago, EGerbran said:

I just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck today! I remember how stressful this season was when I was applying for CGS-M's and I want to reiterate - as many supportive people on this forum already have - that the worth of your work and your potential is not valued by a scholarship. That being said I am rooting for all of you out there!!

Same here! Good luck to everyone! I definetly remember when I applied For this scholarship and how surprised I was when I got selected for it. I’m also rooting for you all!

Hey,

Got Alternate at Polytechnique Montreal.

Anyone applied there and planning on declining?

...please ???!?

They told me I was 4th on the wait list. School is only giving out 20 grants. Do you think I have a chance?

Edited by nickeltoes

Dalhousie - Offered (even though I didn't end up applying for grad studies here ?)

Queen's - Offered

McGill - Ineligible (transcripts) - I didn't include my transcripts from the University of Malta where I went for an academic exchange during my undergrad (my CGS application was pretty last minute and it honestly slipped my mind completely that they would care about that since the courses were all P/F). Dalhousie and Queen's obviously didn't care, but I guess McGill is just a stickler for those things. 

Accepted Queen's. Congrats to everyone who received awards, and good luck to those on the alternate list who are still waiting (my partner is one of those people, so I know your pain).  

Yay! congrats to everyone!

My results were: 

Offered at the Uni of Sask. (which I'd already accepted to go to, so accepted the offer Monday AM haha). 

Alternate at Calgary.

Congrats to everyone on their offers!

My results:

Western - Alternate (I've been accepted to their program)

UCalgary - Alternate

McGill - Not Offered

Does anyone have experience getting an award after being on the alternate list? Not sure how much I should get my hopes up, I also applied for the Ontario Graduate Scholarship.

• 3 weeks later...