Fresno State and CSU East Bay

I am from SoCal but applied to East Bay and Fresno State. Last night I received an email from East Bay regarding a Financial Aid Award Letter and in the first line it says "We are excited to welcome you to the Pioneer community." I haven't received an acceptance or rejection letter from them so I am wondering if this was sent by accident or out of order. Has anyone else heard anything from East Bay? 

Also still waiting to hear from Fresno's program. I hope we all hear something soon. 

12 hours ago, Ali_Irene13 said:

I am from SoCal but applied to East Bay and Fresno State. Last night I received an email from East Bay regarding a Financial Aid Award Letter and in the first line it says "We are excited to welcome you to the Pioneer community." I haven't received an acceptance or rejection letter from them so I am wondering if this was sent by accident or out of order. Has anyone else heard anything from East Bay? 

Also still waiting to hear from Fresno's program. I hope we all hear something soon. 

Congratulations on CSUEB! May I ask how your skype interview went and what kinds of questions they asked?

17 hours ago, Blossom19 said:

Congratulations on CSUEB! May I ask how your skype interview went and what kinds of questions they asked?

Hi @Blossom19 I wish I could help but I actually have not been contacted about an interview. I am unsure when I will be contacted if at all. The only email I have received from CSUEB is a Financial Aid Award Letter, but I have not received an acceptance letter so I am just confused if receiving this email means I have been accepted. If I get any new information I will be sure to update on here. 

• 2 weeks later...

Recently got notified about CSUEB's skype interview and I'm really nervous about it since I'm interviewing while traveling and I can't seem to find any information on it anywhere >< if anyone out there has had their interview, any help/insight would be appreciated!

On 3/28/2019 at 8:39 PM, Blossom19 said:

Recently got notified about CSUEB's skype interview and I'm really nervous about it since I'm interviewing while traveling and I can't seem to find any information on it anywhere >< if anyone out there has had their interview, any help/insight would be appreciated!

@Blossom19Congrats! I haven't heard anything about an interview, but I interviewed at several other schools. They all asked about similar things such as 1) a time you received critical feedback and how you handled it, 2) something you're proud of, 3) something you consider to be a "hot topic" in the field. Out of curiosity, did you also receive the email about a Financial Aid award through your CSU Horizon Gmail account? 

3 hours ago, @speechie said:

@Blossom19Congrats! I haven't heard anything about an interview, but I interviewed at several other schools. They all asked about similar things such as 1) a time you received critical feedback and how you handled it, 2) something you're proud of, 3) something you consider to be a "hot topic" in the field. Out of curiosity, did you also receive the email about a Financial Aid award through your CSU Horizon Gmail account? 

thank you for sharing that! i haven't received any information about financial aid. i activated my netID a while ago, but i actually wasn't aware that there was a CSUEB horizon gmail account (i made it just now) and thought they'd just email me via the email i used for my application. hopefully i can still somehow receive financial aid info!