Would this be inappropriate??

I have been accepted to a school that I applied to out of state, and today I emailed declining the offer stating that I wouldn't be able to swing the out of state cost. Well, they called me after receiving my email and left a voicemail saying to call her back and that there might be an option for me. I know that this school does have a scholarship for new grad students that allows them to pay in-state tuition for the first year. So I am thinking this may along the lines of what she will offer me. If that is the case, I don't necessarily still want to decline but I also don't want to accept right away either. The reason for that being that I've been accepted to another out of state school that has offered me a scholarship for in state tuition as well, and I really like that program, but even there with in state tuition is still way more expensive than if I'd go to my current undergrad school. BUT I've been waitlisted at my current undergrad. Ughhhh I'm grateful to have options but it's also so hard to decide and weigh everything out!

What I'm getting at with the title is when I call her back if she offers me an in-state tuition scholarship I'm likely to tell her that I no longer want to officially decline, but don't officially want to accept yet either. I feel like this sounds bad though, so I was wondering if it'd be inappropriate to briefly explain why I might seem "wishy washy" - needing to calculate and compare the costs between there and the other out of state school I'm accepted to, weigh it out, etc. I want to just be up front about that, but at the same time I feel like it'd also be bad to mention other schools at all. However, I have a tendency to overthink things like this so I'm just curious what some of you that might be a bit more level-headed in this kind of situation think would be the best way to respond?

I think that sounds perfectly reasonable. I'm sure they're aware that people may have multiple options that they need to carefully consider before accepting. I don't think they'd take away your spot or think less of you for needing more time to think!

I agree. I would thank them for their offer and let them know you are still interested in the program but would like a few days or a week or so to think about their offer further. 

I agree. Maybe don't mention other universities. Maybe say that you need to figure out other financial problems as well but you appreciate the offer and will get back to her within a few days. Remember that they give you a deadline to accept and decline because they have other people waiting for your spot. Stay within the timeline.