Columbia Fu Foundation Post Interview Wait

pratyush

I'd applied to Columbia for MS in Computer Science for Fall 2019 and submitted my application on Jan  15th.

I got an interview invitation from on 9th March, 2019, which I gave on 10th. I haven't heard back from them since.

I enquired about the same yesterday (21st March, 2019) if there was any status update for the application or if I was required to do anything else.

I received a one liner reply stating that my application "remains in their review pipeline."

Now, I  understand around this time of the year, they'd be getting a lot of enquiries. So I wasn't really expecting a very verbose response about the status update.

But what do you guys think? Is this a positive indication? Or does this imply a rejection? Or worse yet, does this imply nothing at all and it could turn out either way?

Honestly, this wait has now become nerve wracking. 

Also waiting, for PhD instead of MS. Since they have rolling admissions, it probably means that they haven't made a final decision on your application. Getting an interview is already a positive sign.

I feel the same. Although I've heard it's standard procedure and (almost) everyone got an interview invite.

Also, I haven't seen a lot of Columbia rejects yet. Only admits. Which might not be a very good sign.

Fingers crossed!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To reanimate this discussion, does anyone know what the one-way interview questions for Fu Foundation are like?

My experience with one-way interviews has been non-technical questions, but in theory there's no reason they can't ask you to do something technical.