Project LINC-SLP / UT Austin

1 hour ago, slptobe97 said:

Has anyone else applied or heard any info on the Project LINC-SLP funding that Austin offers? Are we supposed to hear back before the April 15th deadline?

I haven't heard of it. Where did you learn about it? 

From my understanding & also because I'm an undergrad at this university, UT does not offer any sort of funding to their graduate students. However, you can receive funding in other forms such as teaching or graduate assistantships. You should contact Dr. Jessica Franco because it seems like she has been coordinating funding from this program for UT graduate students.

39 minutes ago, peachie_speechie10 said:

From my understanding & also because I'm an undergrad at this university, UT does not offer any sort of funding to their graduate students. However, you can receive funding in other forms such as teaching or graduate assistantships. You should contact Dr. Jessica Franco because it seems like she has been coordinating funding from this program for UT graduate students.

It’s through the federal government and the application was linked in the acceptance email. :) 

5 minutes ago, Rezzy S. said:

It’s through the federal government and the application was linked in the acceptance email. :) 

Do you know if everyone was provided with the LINC scholarship application? Or were only those with relative interests/experiences provided with the application in the acceptance. It was included in my acceptance email, but I have specific interests in early intervention and experience working with children from CLD backgrounds.

54 minutes ago, SLPmb said:

Do you know if everyone was provided with the LINC scholarship application? Or were only those with relative interests/experiences provided with the application in the acceptance. It was included in my acceptance email, but I have specific interests in early intervention and experience working with children from CLD backgrounds.

I would guess everyone because I didn’t express those interests on my application.

I was put on the waitlist as well. I'm disappointed, but Dr. Perez said that I was high up on the waitlist so hopefully if someone is planning on turning down their offer then I'll hear soon. Since I'm out of state, this will make or break me going to UT Austin.

17 hours ago, slptobe97 said:

I was put on the waitlist as well. I'm disappointed, but Dr. Perez said that I was high up on the waitlist so hopefully if someone is planning on turning down their offer then I'll hear soon. Since I'm out of state, this will make or break me going to UT Austin.

I hope you get it! It’s sweet that you are high up on it. It’s the same for me, out of state so not having the funding will be a clear “no” very sadly.