Please help me with this... Thank you

prafuld

I have been notified by my prospective guide about 10 days back that, he has recommended me to the admission office to admit me for respective graduate program with assistantships. I have mailed respective department office again to let me know about their decision... then they replied me that, thay are still reviewing my application. 

Can someone help me out about what actually thay mean? Do they generally take this much of time to send the decision even if my prospective guide has taken his decision?

1 hour ago, prafuld said:

I have been notified by my prospective guide about 10 days back that, he has recommended me to the admission office to admit me for respective graduate program with assistantships. I have mailed respective department office again to let me know about their decision... then they replied me that, thay are still reviewing my application. 

Can someone help me out about what actually thay mean? Do they generally take this much of time to send the decision even if my prospective guide has taken his decision?

Once you’ve been recommended, the graduate school has to verify your transcripts and application and make sure that you meet the requirements for admission. This can take awhile. Then they have to draft the formal offer letter which shouldn’t take a long time you’d think, but it does. The holdup could be because you’re international (if your records are) or working out the funding, or they could just be really busy what with the deadline being so close.

Edited by Psyhopeful