Switching Gears from Psych to Bio/PA?

pacogri

Question

I did this last 2019 cycle of clinical psych PhD applications and got 3 interviews and 3 rejections. It's fine, I'm over it, it's more than last year so that's great.

I've decided to shift gears for a bit and I want to see if I can go for my Masters in Physician Assistantship at some point. However, I have a dilemma: my undergrad degree included like... no biology/chemistry or accompanying labs. So ultimately, I have a very specialized psychology BA and a bunch of research/clinical experience that won't help with any biology/chem pre-req's for PA programs. 

What should I do? The way I see it is this:

1. go for an associate's that somehow has all the pre-reqs I need (unlikely) 
  2. go back to school for a second bachelor's which will be repetitive, costly, and lowkey a waste of time 
  3. take courses as a non-matriculated student and pay my way for the specific courses/labs I need 

I'm not totally sure what's right, but I'm obviously leaning towards option #3. Can I get your opinions on how to go about this?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet