Do I have a chance at University of the Pacific (UoP)?

So I am freaking out because I am REALLY interested in UoP; however, I was offered a spot on the waitlist. When I went to their open house this past Friday they said they had 60+ admitted students (7 of which had already accepted their offer) and that they had 100+ waitlisted but are unranked. I am also interested in hearing from current undergrad or even grad students on their experiences here. Thank you!!

Honestly, I wouldn't count on it. They already admitted twice the number of people then they need to fill a class. Only if more than 50% decline would they start pulling from the waitlist. Although, technically anything is possible. One thing you can do is send a letter of continued interest to the program director. Draw attention to your application again and talk about why you might be a good fit for them. It's a long shot but you have nothing to lose at this point

25 minutes ago, SLP_2019 said:

Honestly, I wouldn't count on it. They already admitted twice the number of people then they need to fill a class. Only if more than 50% decline would they start pulling from the waitlist. Although, technically anything is possible. One thing you can do is send a letter of continued interest to the program director. Draw attention to your application again and talk about why you might be a good fit for them. It's a long shot but you have nothing to lose at this point

This is great advice, thank you so much! :) I hadn't even though of it!