kenton

13 minutes ago, cahyde said:

Haven’t heard back either. Not sure what to make of that that but fingers crossed ?.

Their website technically says that they will send out notifications tomorrow... so maybe they just stagger them (my name is also late in the alphabet, so they may not have gotten around to me yet). 

1 minute ago, Fingers Crossed! said:

Their website technically says that they will send out notifications tomorrow... so maybe they just stagger them (my name is also late in the alphabet, so they may not have gotten around to me yet). 

I'm guessing that since its already after 5pm on the east coast already they might wait until tomorrow to send the rest.Telling myself that so I don't keep checking my email.

What up guys! [first time posting here (☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞] So I did not make Pickering, but I'm waiting (not holding my breath) on Rangel.

Also, does anyone know if the fact that some people got picked for Pickering affects the odds of Rangel? I know they're separate processes but since you can't get both Pickering and Rangel fellowships, and most people have (I assume) applied to both, then would that mean the outcomes of Pickering affect the outcomes of Rangel somehow? Say for example, someone being offered both fellowships and taking one over the other, would that open the spot for someone else or no?

And btw, do they kind of look for somewhat different kinds of people or pretty much the same profile? 

Greetings from the land of the rising pandas ??

8 hours ago, el pinguino robot said:

What up guys! [first time posting here (☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞] So I did not make Pickering, but I'm waiting (not holding my breath) on Rangel.

Also, does anyone know if the fact that some people got picked for Pickering affects the odds of Rangel? I know they're separate processes but since you can't get both Pickering and Rangel fellowships, and most people have (I assume) applied to both, then would that mean the outcomes of Pickering affect the outcomes of Rangel somehow? Say for example, someone being offered both fellowships and taking one over the other, would that open the spot for someone else or no?

And btw, do they kind of look for somewhat different kinds of people or pretty much the same profile? 

Greetings from the land of the rising pandas ??

Hey! You can be selected as finalists for both which would mean you would be invited for an interview. However, Pickering has their interviews a couple of weeks before Rangel so that they can notify finalists their status after the interview whether they got the Pickering or not. For those that do not get the Pickering after their interview and have applied for the Rangel and were picked as finalists for an interview, their application stays in the mix with Rangel. But for those that do get the Pickering after the interview, their applications are pulled out from the Rangel pool which would increase the chances of others being picked for the Rangel Fellowship. Best of luck to you!