Getting a job from out of state

So I have just accepted my admissions at UW. I am planning to move up to Seattle right after graduation, and I want to work a summer job to save money before school. I prefer to avoid putting my job search off until I get there if I can. Does anyone have any advice on finding jobs from out of state? The job search websites, like Indeed or Glassdoor, are somewhat overwhelming, so any tips and tricks on finding a job using such websites or any other means are appreciated. 

Ziprecruiter is how I found my job now as an RBT. This website and phone app updates you on real positions. It's also customizable to your resume!

When it comes to searching on indeed, try typing in something specific, for example "summer camp" or "summer server" or "summer tutor" or "babysitter." You could also type in the university name and summer jobs at the university may pop up (like bookstore clerk). Working at a summer camp may be a good option (I've found that they are more responsive to applicants than most businesses) but I know a lot of them start figuring out their staff now and it can be a tiring job. Another option is researching on google maps the businesses near where you'll be living and calling each one to ask about employment (most places are online applications now). There's also the fallbacks that are in every city like Uber eats, Uber driving, Instacart (I did this for a summer & it was fine. Requires a car), or babysitting/nannying. 

Edited by cakcak