bonbon315

Genetic Counseling 2020 Applicants

This is created to share resources and questions in regards to the 2020 genetic counseling application cycle. Good luck to everyone, hopefully this helps!

Good luck to the incoming applicants! 

GradCafe has become a little under utilized since the making of a discord. If you'd like to join other future applicants and current students in discord please do! 
Here's the link: https://discord.gg/6JwzcnK

My genetic assistant job will be open come this fall in Charleston, SC at the Greenwood Genetic Center! Please apply! You will get to see patients twice a week and conduct the initial clinical evaluations in the general genetics clinic. The job posting should be on the Greenwood Genetic Center website. The office is 10 minutes from downtown Charleston 😎

Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and list of three professional references to:

E-mail: careers@ggc.org

Fax: (864) 388-1062; Attn: Talitha Kay

Hi everyone!

I'm really wanting to apply to GC schools in Fall 2020, however by the time I would apply I would be missing two prerequisites that I'll be taking in the winter term. Does anyone know if this will affect my chances or not?

Thanks in advance!

@JJGC I"m in a similar position! Some of the schools stated their policy on in-progress or planned courses on their website. For the ones that didn't, I reached out to ask them. Most of them were fine with in-progress courses so long as you told them in your app that they were in progress. One school told me I wouldn't be considered without a grade in a biochemistry class. Hope that helps!

Match info for this round will be updated sometime in July! Hope everyone is having a happy summer thus far :)