Admitted Students: Open House Experiences; Views on Departments.

PhDPS&E

It would be helpful to the community for current and future applicants if students admitted in this cycle could share their experiences at the Open House events held by the departments.  Admitted students should use the Open House events and other interactions with the Department (faculty, students, administrators, etc) to provide their views on the PhD program and the department.

Please provide this information in this thread.  Thank you for contributing to the community.

What are Open House events, quickly speaking? I just accepted an offer, so I take it that my department is probably still scrambling to figure who all is coming, waitlist, etc. until this week, and haven't heard much follow up other than the congrats, glad to hear, etc.

Open Houses are events held prior to the April 15 deadline to introduce admitted students to the department - faculty and other PhD students.  In short, it is an opportunity for the program to sell itself to its newly admitted students.