Hello. I submitted all my applications on the 31st of November last year and i have received a decision response from only one school. unfortunately, i was rejected. I also found out that majority of the schools in the US state April 15th as their deadline for accepting/rejecting admission however I am yet to receive any response from the remaining schools I applied to. should i be worried?

That is very strange. Have you checked all of your portals and your spam folder? Sometimes you don’t get notified of a portal change.  It’s possible you are waitlists for one or two, but I would contact the departments and fine out no have only one school I haven’t heard from but that is the way they work. I heard from everyone else by mid February. 

People had to commit by yesterday, so if you are on a waitlist you should hear soon. 

Have you contacted any of the schools? A phone call to inquire would definitely be appropriate at this point. Also check the Results sections of the grade cafe website to see if anyone else has heard back from those programs you haven't heard from.

Since this is my third time applying, I feel like I have some experience with this.

Usually, there are 3 cases:

You are on a waitlist and might be accepted in the near future

They are going to give an offer without funding

Or the university simply don't care enough to send rejection letters to everyone

The last one is the worst of them all and it happened more than I would have expected. For example, UC Riverside sent my rejection on October 16th, 2018 when I applied for their Fall 2018 program! They rejected me so far in the game that the classes had already started and a new application cycle has begun.

19 hours ago, DRMF said:

Have you contacted any of the schools? A phone call to inquire would definitely be appropriate at this point. Also check the Results sections of the grade cafe website to see if anyone else has heard back from those programs you haven't heard from.

Yes i have contacted them, although via mail. I have also checked the results section and some people have actually heard back from two of those school but none of them applied to my program and they were mostly PhD anyway. I applied for a masters degree. However, I will get in touch with the schools again today. Thank you

On 4/16/2019 at 8:36 PM, Psyhopeful said:

That is very strange. Have you checked all of your portals and your spam folder? Sometimes you don’t get notified of a portal change.  It’s possible you are waitlists for one or two, but I would contact the departments and fine out no have only one school I haven’t heard from but that is the way they work. I heard from everyone else by mid February. 

People had to commit by yesterday, so if you are on a waitlist you should hear soon. 

My status on the portals is 'awaiting program decision' and there is nothing in my spam folders. Yeah i thought i would at least be informed if i was wait-listed. I'm going to get in touch with the schools again today. Hopefully i will get positive feedback. Thanks

17 hours ago, Warelin said:

I just want to note that the April 15th resolution only applies to funded offers.

Oh thanks. I assumed it was for general admission offers.

17 hours ago, TheHoff said:

The last one is the worst of them all and it happened more than I would have expected. For example, UC Riverside sent my rejection on October 16th, 2018 when I applied for their Fall 2018 program! They rejected me so far in the game that the classes had already started and a new application cycle has begun.

Wow. Cold

5 hours ago, Shee said:

Yes i have contacted them, although via mail. I have also checked the results section and some people have actually heard back from two of those school but none of them applied to my program and they were mostly PhD anyway. I applied for a masters degree. However, I will get in touch with the schools again today. Thank you

Oh okay, master's programs have different timelines. You are probably still in the running, especially if you haven't seen anyone post that they've been admitted. Definitely contact them and ask though. Good luck!

4 hours ago, Psyhopeful said:

Oh okay, master's programs have different timelines. You are probably still in the running, especially if you haven't seen anyone post that they've been admitted. Definitely contact them and ask though. Good luck!

Thanks! 

• 2 weeks later...

So I am in the same situation. I applied to four schools, and I haven't heard anything from three of them. It's now April 26th. Not a yes, not a no, not a maybe, absolutely nothing from three schools. I have no idea what to think at this point?

On 4/27/2019 at 12:56 AM, mmelton2 said:

So I am in the same situation. I applied to four schools, and I haven't heard anything from three of them. It's now April 26th. Not a yes, not a no, not a maybe, absolutely nothing from three schools. I have no idea what to think at this point?

Have you tried getting in touch with them recently? 

I applied to four too but two have responded, one in March and the other one last week. The other two have been really silent. Sent a mail recently but nothing. Hope I hear from them this week so I know how to move on with my life. This waiting is really frustrating. 

5 hours ago, Shee said:

Have you tried getting in touch with them recently? 

I applied to four too but two have responded, one in March and the other one last week. The other two have been really silent. Sent a mail recently but nothing. Hope I hear from them this week so I know how to move on with my life. This waiting is really frustrating. 

No I haven't tried getting in touch with them. I was under the impression it's not proper. I also must have been completely wrong about this process, I thought they had to let you know something, anything, by April 15th.

3 hours ago, mmelton2 said:

No I haven't tried getting in touch with them. I was under the impression it's not proper. I also must have been completely wrong about this process, I thought they had to let you know something, anything, by April 15th.

Same thing I initially thought but apparently it's not always the case. Someone mentioned in the replies that April 15th only applies to funded offers.   You can send a mail to the graduate college and they'll let you know if they have started receiving decision letters from the graduate programs. I sent mail to the grad colleges of all the schools I applied to and those who replied advised me to get in touch with the particular program I applied to saying they hadn't received anything from them yet. That way, I know it's not just me. It's also possible that they made a mistake and forgot to send yours. Just get in touch with  them.