Have you filled out the FAFSA yet? If not, do so immediately! It's not super hard, just kind of tedious. Grad students count as independent students, so unless you had a great career before entering grad school you'll probably qualify and get all the loans you need from that. You should end up with the Stafford loans (subsidized and unsubsidized). If you still need more than this and your credit is alright you can get Grad Plus loans to cover the total cost of attendance beyond what the Stafford loans offer, including living expenses. That's also done simply by filling out the FAFSA.

I have to say, going forward it would definitely behoove you to figure out the financial stuff as soon as possible. Money matters are no joke and can take time/effort to get things together. I've dillydallied with getting financial aid before and royally screwed myself because I missed a deadline. Going forward, check your school's financial aid page for any deadlines, call/email them if necessary, and check for any random requirements that could delay receiving your aid money!