Speech@NYU/ Speech@Emerson online

I recently got admitted to both Speech@NYU and Speech@Emerson and I'm most concerned about the tuition (Emerson- $67k, NYU- $82k).

Do you know if they offer financial aid/scholarships/grants? I have an estimated family contribution (EFC) of 0000, so I'm hoping that they might offer me some sort of aid.

My stats are: 156V, 151Q, 4.5W

(I posted this in another forum, sorry for the repetition- I thought this one was more appropriate)

I am 

4 hours ago, MadisonMachelle said:

I recently got admitted to both Speech@NYU and Speech@Emerson and I'm most concerned about the tuition (Emerson- $67k, NYU- $82k).

Do you know if they offer financial aid/scholarships/grants? I have an estimated family contribution (EFC) of 0000, so I'm hoping that they might offer me some sort of aid.

My stats are: 156V, 151Q, 4.5W

(I posted this in another forum, sorry for the repetition- I thought this one was more appropriate)

I am not sure if this is helpful but I was accepted to speech@emerson and was offered a little less 7k in grants/scholarships and my stats are less than yours.

Congrats on your acceptance! I briefly considered applying to both of those programs but the tuition cost changed my mind lol. You might get offered a bit in scholarships/grants but I don't think it will make a huge dent in the overall cost. If you can, maybe consider deferring a year and find a job as an SLPA to help pay and maybe work while in grad school. I wouldn't recommend taking on 70-80k loans especially if you took out loans for undergrad. With our average median salary only being about 73k (depending on multiple factors) that cost wouldn't be worth the payout. Goodluck! 

4 minutes ago, sassyspeechie said:

Hey! Can you share your GPA? It's the weakest part of my application, and I'm hoping to be accepted at Emerson. 

I'm also nervous about cost. I'm 50k in debt from my last year of undergrad and first master's degree (dyslexia), but this is my second year applying so I'm not confident I would get in next year. The in-person program didn't offer a GA, so tuition for me would be about the same, but I would save a substantial amount in living expenses with Emerson.

I'm also wary to apply to those programs from the cost. I heard through the grapevine that Emerson ended up being closer to 120k than 70k. Although, this student had to take a bunch of pre requistes. She wasn't aware of the cost until it was too late!  Make sure you know the exact cost of tuition before you accept anything. Good luck!

I got into speech@NYU and it seems like a really amazing option if you're looking for an online program. I managed to find people in the program on facebook and reached out to them, sounds like they feel super prepared in clinicals, feel supported by their classmates and do a lot of a facetime hang outs, and that the only downside is the cost. There isn't funding, when I asked about it she was like "oh here's a list of scholarships" but it wasn't anything internal it was just scholarships you could find from googling. I really, really considered it! Turned it down because of unrelated personal circumstances.