when does this forum get hot?

Bak3rm3

I'm guessing it gets hot right when applications start opening in September. Does it pick up? coming here to find useful information and help but seems kinda dead right now?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2019 at 1:16 PM, Bak3rm3 said:

I'm guessing it gets hot right when applications start opening in September. Does it pick up? coming here to find useful information and help but seems kinda dead right now?

IME, it varies from application season to application season and discipline by discipline.

FWIW, it's my observation that when applicants build more on existing threads in the most appropriate fora, as opposed to starting new threads for similar topics across multiple fora, things run much "hotter."

Something that bears keeping in mind, following the change in management last July, the Grad Cafe lost some prolific / experienced moderators who really brought it. In a post that has since been deleted, they laid out the reasons for their departure.

To be absolutely clear, the current group of moderators is just as capable, but its members post a bit less frequently.