Fall 2020 PhD Social Work / Welfare

BrendonSW

12 hours ago, AR93 said:

Hi All,

I recently got invited for interviews at WUSTL and NYU  and I had an interview with BU last week! Still awaiting responses from Michigan and U of Chicago SSA.... Anyone else apply/hear from these schools? 

Congrats on your interviews! 

I applied to U-Michigan and haven’t heard back. Historically, decisions have been released between February 15th and 25th. Apparently it takes quite a bit longer because you have to go through multiple review committees since it’s a dual program. 

I was accepted to Michigan State on Monday! An official offer letter will be coming mid-February, but it is 5 years of guaranteed funding, which is sweet! 

I also received an interview invitation from the University of Denver on Monday. My interview is next Friday. Hope others are receiving some good news this week or in the near future! 

3 hours ago, Behaviorscience said:

Applied to Uchicago SSA and am going nuts waiting...

I hope you hear something soon! Based on past forums and the results page, U-Chicago typically releases acceptances around Feb. 6-10. The wait can be exhausting. 

20 minutes ago, BrendonSW said:

I hope you hear something soon! Based on past forums and the results page, U-Chicago typically releases acceptances around Feb. 6-10. The wait can be exhausting. 

Thank you and sooo true I am checking the portal religiously lol

On 1/30/2020 at 10:45 PM, BrendonSW said:

Does SSA not interview? All the other programs I applied to interview and have sent out notices for interviews so I was starting to believe that my chances at SSA were dashed.

21 hours ago, 2020PhDMom said:

Does SSA not interview? All the other programs I applied to interview and have sent out notices for interviews so I was starting to believe that my chances at SSA were dashed.

Based on the info I gathered from the results page, they have not interviewed candidates in previous years. Most students who posted their results received their acceptance letters beginning-to-mid February. They either received an email or it was updated on the portal. I hope you hear back soon! ?

Hi everyone,

I just received the offer from UCLA yesterday. The program directer sent an email following with a phone call. 

Also, I had my interview with the UW in Seattle on 01/28, and still waiting for their decision. 

BTW, Anyone knows/receives anything from Columbia University? 

These are the 3 programs that I applied this season. 

Agh, applied to UCLA and UW. 

Had interview with UW, Jan 22.

Haven't heard zip from UCLA, not sure if its cause I've spoken to the people I want to work with a lot and they're probably tired of me, lol. But I want to know!!! I need to plan my life 

This waiting game is so anxiety provoking

8 hours ago, wodislah142 said:

Hi everyone,

I just received the offer from UCLA yesterday. The program directer sent an email following with a phone call. 

Also, I had my interview with the UW in Seattle on 01/28, and still waiting for their decision. 

Just received the call from the program director this afternoon, I was accepted into the UW program as well. 

13 hours ago, wodislah142 said:

Hi everyone,

Hey there, congrats on your offers! If you don't mind, could you share your POI at UCLA?  

On 2/11/2020 at 8:11 PM, wodislah142 said:

Just received the call from the program director this afternoon, I was accepted into the UW program as well. 

Ah Congrats! Had my interview with them two days ago and totally bombed. Mostly technical difficulties that cut my interview to 10 minutes so I was feeling slightly frazzled ?

On 2/11/2020 at 4:57 PM, aalc_ said:

Agh, applied to UCLA and UW. 

Had interview with UW, Jan 22.

Haven't heard zip from UCLA, not sure if its cause I've spoken to the people I want to work with a lot and they're probably tired of me, lol. But I want to know!!! I need to plan my life 

This waiting game is so anxiety provoking

Got into UW! Got a call short after I posted this. Waiting on official letter now. 

On 2/11/2020 at 12:06 PM, wodislah142 said:

Hi everyone,

Wodislah142, I am interested in what your stats are. I will be applying to schools this fall (for the Fall 2021 cohort) and UCLA is my top school! I feel like it's a pipe dream so I'm curious if I have a chance.

I hope that y'all are getting the good news you're hoping for! The waiting is stressing me out, but I've received the following application updates so far: 

• USC (MSW/PhD) - Invited to campus visit day as finalist for PhD, accepted to MSW 
  • Ohio State (MSW/PhD) - Accepted 
  • UCLA (PhD) - On waitlist after Zoom interview
  • UT Austin  (PhD) - On waitlist, no interview
  • Columbia (PhD) - Rejected

Until yesterday, I received all my 3 PhD application admission decisions. 

• UW - accepted 
  • UCLA - accepted 
  • Columbia - accepted 

I will choose one between UW & UCLA, won't consider Columbia. Until now, UW offered at least 4 years funding, still waiting for UCLA's financial packages. But based on my communication with current students and recent graduates, it should be pretty good as well. So it's gonna be a hard decision to make. 

On 2/20/2020 at 1:49 PM, 123PhD said:

I hope that y'all are getting the good news you're hoping for! The waiting is stressing me out, but I've received the following application updates so far: 

• USC (MSW/PhD) - Invited to campus visit day as finalist for PhD, accepted to MSW 
  • Ohio State (MSW/PhD) - Accepted 
  • UCLA (PhD) - On waitlist after Zoom interview
  • UT Austin  (PhD) - On waitlist, no interview
  • Columbia (PhD) - Rejected

I just officially declined my spot of Austin, hopefully you're high on the wait list!

I was accepted to MSU, Case Western, and U Pittsburgh. Rejected from WashU. I have a few more that I'm waiting to hear from but they are all really pie-in-the-sky for me so not expecting anything. I'd be happy to attend any of the 3 I got into though so feeling really lucky :) and not looking forward to having to choose soon. 

Congratulations to everyone else on your acceptances!

4 hours ago, alfgrape said:

I was accepted to MSU, Case Western, and U Pittsburgh. Rejected from Wash U. I have a few more that I'm waiting to hear from but they are all really pie-in-the-sky for me so not expecting anything. I'd be happy to attend any of the 3 I got into though so feeling really lucky :) and not looking forward to having to choose soon. 

Congratulations to everyone else on your acceptances!

Congratulations! I was accepted at UNC & Rutgers-Brunswick