ruthev

I just had my interview with UCSD over Skype this morning. Happy to answer any questions anybody has about what that was like. Was told it'll be a few weeks until I hear about a potential second interview.

I got a phone call late last week about a first interview at Yale. Flying out to New Haven late next week for that. Browsing through past threads to help me prepare for that one. This site has been an invaluable resource.

Northwestern is the only school I have yet to hear back from.

Heard from DePaul today!  Interviewing on campus Sat. Feb. 15.  Anyone hear from anyone else? @Eccyclema I didn't apply to Yale so I don't know all the specifics but recently was having a conversation with a UCSD MFA graduate that is here in the Twin Cities, who said not to lose hope if you don't get in the first round of interviews with some schools that doesn't always mean anything as they may feel their first selection wasn't a good fit or vice versa.  That gave me relief anyway!  

Edited by CatMeow

Hoping my info can put some minds at ease:

Yale - Had first interview last week. (I was notified in late Dec). The latest date I was offered was Jan 17, so first round at least runs through then. 

CMU - Received an email today saying I never submitted my official transcript (OOPS). Hopefully some production communication coming soon! Email did mention that directing candidates would be notified by Feb 1

Northwestern - Received a rejection today. Womp! 

VA Tech - Based on others' experiences, I don't expect to hear anything until April

Also - If it helps to know: Yale had interviews as late as February when I scheduled mine... And @CatMeow in regards to an earlier question: I'd say it's pretty common to apply multiple times. The grad students I spoke to this year at each college definitely had several rounds (only 1 lucked out with 1 year 1 school!).

Hope everyone does great on their interviews!

Hey Fam!

Thanks for all the good info! I am also in the waiting on CMU boat, will be holding out for Feb 1st.

Besides URTAS news it has been completely dry for me except confirmations of my submissions. Really hoping for some good news soon!

On 1/16/2020 at 2:25 PM, TChicagoS said:

Does anyone have any insights into the Columbia interviews?

Thanks!

I haven't heard anything back personally but a couple weeks ago they emailed my friend about a 2 day audition/trial run/workshop under Anne Bogart next month in New York. 

Edited by markingmilestones
spelling

Anyone have any advice or insight on the "audition" interview meaning directing a scene under observation? Getting ready for my DePaul interview. Aside from being super prepared, being myself and pretending it's just myself and the actors in the room does anyone have any insightful tips? Thanks!

Hey!

Twin Cities based here (hey @CatMeow!) I applied to the Chicago URTas this year and will be leaving on Thursday. I got interviews with all the schools I sent letters two besides two (UCLA & FSU). I have interviews with BU, Iowa, Indiana, ISU, UNCG, and UT Austin. I also got interviews from Northwestern, Texas State, and the 15 Acting school. I did not get interviews at UCLA and FSU, where I did send letters to.

I also applied to Yale, UCSD, U Mass Amherst, and UW Seattle. I have not heard back from any of those schools. so probably did not get a Yale interview or one from UCSD.

Here's to hoping!