MSW Applications Fall 2020

IvySWCu

2 minutes ago, basw said:

I still haven't heard back, I think I'm nearly insane. Did you get an email with a status update or did you just check your application status page? (I'm probably going to obsessively refresh both either way)

I got an email with the award listed in the body of the email - it wasn't related to my portal. Mine came exactly a week after my acceptance. If it's messing with your ability to make a decision, you should try asking for an extension - Columbia was SO nice and granted me an additional two weeks to make my decision.  

11 minutes ago, simonsays said:

I got an email with the award listed in the body of the email - it wasn't related to my portal. Mine came exactly a week after my acceptance. If it's messing with your ability to make a decision, you should try asking for an extension - Columbia was SO nice and granted me an additional two weeks to make my decision.  

Sorry, I meant the acceptance decision itself! I haven't even gotten that yet. ? Again, actually going insane! 

1 minute ago, basw said:

Sorry, I meant the acceptance decision itself! I haven't even gotten that yet. ? Again, actually going insane! 

No don't worry you got this! My friend who is in her first year said she didn't hear back from Columbia until the last week of February - you have plenty of time!! I got accepted last week with an email update telling me that my decision was available in my portal.

15 minutes ago, simonsays said:

hi!! 

Who did you contact for the additional time?

5 minutes ago, cmongradschool said:

hi!! 

Who did you contact for the additional time?

cssw-admit@columbia.edu

I asked for additional time because the only admitted students event was the same week my decision was due. 

For all of you guys going crazy about BU!

I just heard back a few minutes ago via email - I was waitlisted. Haha interesting how I received a great scholarship to CU - but waitlisted at BU.

Anywho just wanted to share my decision! Good luck to all of you still waiting for BU.

17 minutes ago, SWColumbia said:

I just heard back a few minutes ago via email - I was waitlisted. Haha interesting how I received a great scholarship to CU - but waitlisted at BU.

Anywho just wanted to share my decision! Good luck to all of you still waiting for BU.

I was looking through last year's forum and saw that many people also didn't get into BU while getting accepted to very strong schools - so weird! Congrats again on Columbia :)

30 minutes ago, SWColumbia said:

literally same 

I am STILL waiting on CU. At this point I’ve written them off and have all but committed to Denver. That’s even with an interview with Penn on Thursday. Waiting has been such a blow to my self esteem that I found myself questioning grad school in general. 

Just now, madisonc7 said:

I am STILL waiting on CU. At this point I’ve written them off and have all but committed to Denver. That’s even with an interview with Penn on Thursday. Waiting has been such a blow to my self esteem that I found myself questioning grad school in general. 

I'm with ya, girl. Was just complaining to someone about CU and then the second I got off the phone I got my BU rejection so it's been a day! You've gotten into some excellent programs and you should be proud. This process has certainly taken a toll on me as well, feel free to DM me or anything if you need to vent haha

1 hour ago, SWColumbia said:

Did the email direct you to look on the portal or was it just in the body of the email? I refreshed my email and nothing?‍♀️

Just now, MSWSTRESS said:

Did the email direct you to look on the portal or was it just in the body of the email? I refreshed my email and nothing?‍♀️

I've been refreshing my e-mail and my portal, and I haven't had anything yet.