Spring 2020 Admissions Decisions

Hiii everyone! So I applied Fall 2019 and it did not turn out the way I expected! I'm from Cali and it really is THAT competitive lmao

Re-applied for Spring 2020 @ 2 schools. Anyone else want to share? 

The wait is awwwwwwful.

PLZ post your anxiety or acceptances so I can feel for you and then cheer for you. 

Edited by CorazonDeSLP

@slpwholovescoffee Hi! I applied to Emerson College, although they have a rule where you can't apply to online + in person within a whole year so... not sure what they will do with my application. Also waiting on CSU Fresno! Fingers and toes Crossed. I applied to 9 programs in the fall but I learned so much about what NOT to do. I feel you on the stressful part. I check my email once or twice a day and I'm like cmmmmon.

@datu72 CONGRATS!!! did you apply anywhere else? I LOVE what Baylor has to offer but at over 80k the cost seems so so so high to me. With the CFY salary and the first years salary idk if it's feasible to do. What track did you select?

Edited by CorazonDeSLP

Thank you.  I know it's gonna put me back in debt, but Baylor is the only school out of three that accepted me.  I can't relocate, so I am limited to only a few options.  I figure it'll pay off in the long run.  I wish you much luck and I hope that you hear back soon from the school that is best for you!  BTW I will be in January 2020 track.

@datu72 you know what if it works for you it works for you. More power to you for continuing! I really appreciate your positivity and kind words! You're great!! I know you'll also make a fabulous SLP and I'm grateful regardless of what happens.. but really I hope to hear good things sometime in the future!

YAY! January start! You'll totally start the year brand new! Do you know anyone in your cohort yet? I think there's a thread somewhere where people got admitted?! CONGRATS!!!

On 11/11/2019 at 2:35 PM, datu72 said:

i would contact your admissions counselor at Baylor.  He called me this morning telling me that I got accepted!

Hey!

How long ago was your application submitted? Thank you for the heads up! Congratulations as well!!!!!

Edited by slpwholovescoffee

@datu72 I just heard back from CSU Fresno! I was accepted!!! its such a seriously amazing feeling. After reading the letter I felt a little dizzy...like am I processing this right? I had to read it twice! Thank you for being so positive! I did not anticipate to hear the news so soon ;0

Edited by CorazonDeSLP