OISE Master of Teaching 2020

esquid

Hi 123hi,

There's a year old thread that has some useful info in it for you. Check it out. From what I've gathered, waitlist folk sometimes get accepted in May or even June sometimes. How many get accepted is hard to glean from the thread.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, sk8erlim said:

Hi,

Has anyone recently heard back? Also, has anyone applied before the Nov 15 deadline and not heard back yet? 

I was about to ask the same thing. I submitted my application about a week before the deadline of 15 Nov, but I have not heard back yet either. Hold tight; I'm sure they have simply fallen behind due to the COVID-19 situation. 

4 hours ago, amacr098 said:

Has anyone who applied for J/I heard back yet? If yes, what was your teachable and GPA? When did you hear back?

hi! I got accepted to the J/I stream on feb 25, my teachable is history and because I am still finishing my last year of undergrad my 3rd year avg was 86% (overall GPA is 79%)

Edited by afo98

14 hours ago, afo98 said:

hi! I got accepted to the J/I stream on feb 25, my teachable is history and because I am still finishing my last year of undergrad my 3rd year avg was 86% (overall GPA is 79%)

Thank you for the response! :)  Congrats on getting in!!

On 3/31/2020 at 11:20 AM, sk8erlim said:

Hi,

Has anyone recently heard back? Also, has anyone applied before the Nov 15 deadline and not heard back yet? 

I applied early and haven't heard back yet. I'm still under review. 

5 hours ago, sk8erlim said:

Hi Shamash,

Do you mind sharing what you were waitlisted for? Also, did they contact you through sgs? 

Hi sk8erliim,

They emailed me telling me to check sgs. I applied to the I/S stream with Biology and Social Science - General as my teachables.

12 hours ago, GradStudentHopeful2020 said:

I applied for the same teachables as you and haven't heard anything yet :( I am getting so anxious to hear back

I know how much it sucks to wait so I'm sorry you're still waiting. I don't mean to make you feel worse, but based on the letter I got, the seats have been filled and the best you can hope for now is to be waitlisted. However, if somebody gets a letter of acceptance now, it'll either indicate that the waitlist letter they sent me (which seems to be the same letter they send to everyone) isn't completely accurate in that there are still seats available or that somebody who was previously waitlisted just got in. I don't know how likely it is for people waitlisted in April to get in so I'm trying not to be hopeful about getting in and I'm focusing on other things instead. I don't know why they're still accepting applications though if all their seats have been filled. Do a whole bunch of people who get accepted reject their offers of admission? I have no idea and I'm so tired of thinking about all this.

On 4/16/2020 at 1:39 AM, Shamash said:

I know how much it sucks to wait so I'm sorry you're still waiting. I don't mean to make you feel worse, but based on the letter I got, the seats have been filled and the best you can hope for now is to be waitlisted. However, if somebody gets a letter of acceptance now, it'll either indicate that the waitlist letter they sent me (which seems to be the same letter they send to everyone) isn't completely accurate in that there are still seats available or that somebody who was previously waitlisted just got in. I don't know how likely it is for people waitlisted in April to get in so I'm trying not to be hopeful about getting in and I'm focusing on other things instead. I don't know why they're still accepting applications though if all their seats have been filled. Do a whole bunch of people who get accepted reject their offers of admission? I have no idea and I'm so tired of thinking about all this.

Shoot well that sucks :( this is so confusing. Yes I saw on the website they are still taking applicants too. Like how does that make any sense? I applied by the November 15th deadline you think they would tell me something by now. 

Has anyone been taken off the wait-list? They started taking people off of it in May last year. I got invited to create an Acorn/JoinID account a few days ago, but then everyone who applies is required to create an Acorn account.