OISE Master of Teaching 2020

esquid

On 7/8/2020 at 4:23 PM, GiGi2022 said:

No, I haven't received anything yet! My online SGS application is still showing that my official transcripts are still pending, though my tracking shows it's been long received. I believe they are extremely overwhelmed with processing a huge volume of applications amid the COVID19 strict safety measures that they should abide by.

But it's good news that they keep processing applications till the last minute! Sure, you should be considering alternative options, yet don't lose hope, no body knows!!

May be we would be in the same cohort, since I too applied for the J/I (Math) !!?

We can hope! ???

6 hours ago, Oisehopeful said:

Nope. No news :( I have been checking my email like crazy though. How about you?

Nothing.. Knowing that I have applied last day before closing, I do not think I will be hearing from them any time before end of July or mid August.

It appears somebody just got in for the MEd program. Do you guys have access to Acorn? I have Acorn access and I was recently prompted to give an emergency contact's details. I've learned not to read too much into these changes though since they don't seem to mean anything.

Screen Shot 2020-07-18 at 7.43.30 AM.png

Edited by Shamash

Actually I have a question guys. My application still says “documents pending”.. I’m wondering if that’s what’s delaying my application? I already submitted my electronic transcript from my grad school and got the official one mailed. However the mailed copy is pending. My undergrad was from UofT so OISE registrar said I don’t need to submit my transcripts for that they will pull it up. But that part still says documents pending. It’s been a month! Did any of you from UofT still upload your electronic transcript yourself? Or did you rely on OISE to do it?

11 hours ago, Oisehopeful said:

Shamash, where is that screenshot from? And, no, I don’t have Acorn access. Should all applicants have that? I applied 4 weeks ago and I haven’t received anything yet.. 

It's from the results page and all grad applicants, even those who eventually get rejected, are given early access to Acorn. I think you're supposed to get it, but I don't think getting Acorn access says anything about your chances of getting in.

Did you submit your application with a document still pending? If I remember correctly, you can't submit your application if some of your stuff is still missing. I'd double check to confirm if your application's been submitted. It could very well be that your application has indeed been submitted and that the system is just a bit buggy. From what I've read on older threads, the portal doesn't always update in time; people get emails and notifications from Acorn long before the portal shows any change in their status.

Screen Shot 2020-07-19 at 7.15.08 AM.png

Edited by Shamash

Thanks! I emailed OISE about this too. They said as long as everything else is submitted and it’s just the UofT transcript then the application can still be reviewed. I might just email them again on Monday then.. My e-transcript from grad school was uploaded automatically. I also got the official one mailed to them but it hasn’t been loaded onto the system. I’m sure it’s there by now though.

19 hours ago, Oisehopeful said:

Thanks Shamash.

unfortunately, I got rejected from the MEd in Developmental Psychology. I still have two more programs that I applied to and they’ve said a decision hasn’t been reached for those. Feeling super bummed out. 

Damn, I'm sorry about that. I think I've braced myself for the possibility I won't get in this year, but I know it'll still suck a lot if I don't. I don't think you can brace yourself for something like that and it just sucks, period.

Hey guys,

if you also applied for something other than MT within OISE, here's the good news: I was just admitted to M.Ed curriculum and pedagogy. I just got the offer this morning and I was so happy since I thought things were over if i hadn't heard back till now. So, keep your hopes up. And good luck to you all.

Who have you guys been emailing to get answers regarding admissions decisions? I’ve only ever emailed the registrar for a few questions I’ve had. I’m wondering if I can email the actual department straight? For ie. I’ve applied to the Child Study program so would it look weird to email the department head for that? 

I don’t want to nag them by any means as I understand that things are delayed due to covid. Online it says decision made will be within 3 to 6 weeks. It will be 6 weeks for me this Thursday. I was thinking of emailing them then if I still don’t get anything. 

Today, August 5th 2020, at 1pm, I got accepted into the OISE Masters of Teaching program, Intermediate/Senior, with Business Studies-General and English concentration. I got rejected from Junior/Intermediate and Primary/Junior. Intermediate/Senior was my first pick, so I am grateful. This feed has helped my patience and made me comfortable with the probability of not getting into the program. Here is my information for those that are curious: I applied and submitted all my supporting documents by March 1st. I have one year of ECA experience, one year of banking experience, and two years of tech experience. Also, I have a GPA of 3.35, not great, not bad.

For those who are still waiting, I hope this offers some form of encouragement. 

Edited by MelvinaNew

1 hour ago, Oisehopeful said:

Congratulations Melvina! Wish you all the best in the Fall. I am sure you must be so relieved :)

your post has made me feel a bit more hopeful about my prospects as well. I was worried that since it’s been so long then either they forgot or I’m rejected. 

Thanks, I hope you hear from them soon! The wait time is awful.