OISE Master of Teaching 2020

esquid

2 hours ago, oiseapplicant said:

@MelvinaNew congratulations!! I also applied for I/S with a similar GPA but have not heard back yet. Was your application status under review up until you received your acceptance or were you accepted off the waitlist? Best of luck in September!

@oiseapplicant Hi! Thanks! My application status was under review till I received acceptance.

On 8/7/2020 at 5:42 PM, Toastedcookies said:

Got waitlisted and feels hopeless since the email is saying that that it’s safe to assume all spots are filled by mig august. I got put on the wait list this month and I’m not sure what to think.

What program did you get waitlisted for? I got waitlisted for p/j MT in April. Still haven't heard any news.

I have a question for all of you who are waitlisted like me - does it make any sense to hope we'll be taken off at this point? The waitlist letter does say that not being admitted by mid-August means it's unlikely you will. Do you think that still holds given that the folks at OISE have been slowed down a lot because of the pandemic or do you think we're definitely not getting in now?

5 hours ago, Shamash said:

I have a question for all of you who are waitlisted like me - does it make any sense to hope we'll be taken off at this point? The waitlist letter does say that not being admitted by mid-August means it's unlikely you will. Do you think that still holds given that the folks at OISE have been slowed down a lot because of the pandemic or do you think we're definitely not getting in now?

I still have an inkling of hope. My friend, who finished MT two years ago, said that people joined her class up to the first week of classes! Also, there's people on the accepted FB group that haven't received confirmation of their transcripts and such. I think they're very behind due to COVID. However, I would start making/considering alternate plans at this point. I'm applying to full-time positions related to teaching/ed in order to boost my profile for the next round of applications.  

This might not be relevant to your application but: my three friends who have finished at OISE MT in the last three years have all been highly disappointed with their time there. My main motivation for applying is to get my Masters, rather than a Bachelor of Ed at York or another school. However, they wanted me to know that, in terms of supply opportunities and LTOs, teachers with a Bachelor of Ed have had the same opportunities in schools as the Masters degree holders. They also said OISEs promise of Masters teachers being on a higher pay grade than Bachelors teachers is mostly bull****. 

All that to say: if you don't get in, maybe there's less to be disappointed about? ? Idk.

9 hours ago, Shamash said:

Hi Shamash. Not at all. I was waitlisted early March for all three programs. I still have high hopes that I will get into one program. 
There have been so much delays due to COVID-19 and the admissions has definitely been pushed back. I believe that the waitlist has started to slowly open up as more people are hearing back from OISE.

Remember that there were still a lot of people who did not even hear from the school up until these last couple of days. It is in my opinion that the waitlist has not opened up any sooner because so many people were still waiting for a decision. 

I am hopeful I will hear back shortly from them because I did get put on the waitlist at the beginning of March and I highly doubt everybody that gets in to OISE accepts. 

Wishing you the best and don’t loose hope until the end! There’s still so much of August left.

Hi everyone!    Does anybody take off from waiting up to now?

Second, I heard that a facebook page for Waiting people like us. Anybody know?

I got waitlisted status" decision on August in Math J/I 

Edited by -Al

54 minutes ago, -Al said:

Hi everyone!    Does anybody take off from waiting up to now?

Second, I heard that a facebook page for Waiting people like us. Anybody know?

I got waitlisted status" decision on August in Math J/I 

I’m still on the wait list for I/S and I’m still staying pretty optimistic because you never know when a spot could open up at the right time. However, I know that there is the possibility that I might not be accepted, which is inevitable. The strange thing is that i can’t find anyone online who has got off of the wait list yet. I would assume there would still be spaces since applications were still being taken even until June. Can anyone add to this?

Does anyone remember when they closed all three MT streams? I know some programs were still accepting applications until recently (the 28th of July, I think), but all three MT streams became closed to new applicants some time before. Assuming some people applied on the last date, which was some time in late June or early July, that OISE took 3-6 weeks to make their decisions regarding those last few applications, and that they give people three weeks to accept offers of admission (it's what OISE says on their admissions page), I guess we can expect spots to open up between now and the first week of September. That's a dreadful scenario, but given how slowly things have been developing, that might actually be the optimistic or at best realistic scenario.

On 8/17/2020 at 4:21 AM, Shamash said:

Does anyone remember when they closed all three MT streams? I know some programs were still accepting applications until recently (the 28th of July, I think), but all three MT streams became closed to new applicants some time before. Assuming some people applied on the last date, which was some time in late June or early July, that OISE took 3-6 weeks to make their decisions regarding those last few applications, and that they give people three weeks to accept offers of admission (it's what OISE says on their admissions page), I guess we can expect spots to open up between now and the first week of September. That's a dreadful scenario, but given how slowly things have been developing, that might actually be the optimistic or at best realistic scenario.

Hi Shamash,

OISE has extended getting back to those on the waitlist till the end of August. 

6 hours ago, OISEHOPEFUL2020 said:

Hi Shamash,

OISE has extended getting back to those on the waitlist till the end of August. 

Hi Oisehopeful2020,

Did they write to you to tell you that? This might be good news. It might mean not having heard back so far isn't bad news.

16 hours ago, Shamash said:

Hi Oisehopeful2020,

Did they write to you to tell you that? This might be good news. It might mean not having heard back so far isn't bad news.

Hi Shamash!

Yes they did! I would not worry yet, it seems like nobody has gotten in off the waitlist yet. I’m pretty sure they extended the time period to accept the offers that went out, therefore it pushed back the opening of the waitlist.

When were you waitlisted and for what programs if you don’t mind me asking? 

1 hour ago, OISEHOPEFUL2020 said:

Hi Shamash!

Yes they did! I would not worry yet, it seems like nobody has gotten in off the waitlist yet. I’m pretty sure they extended the time period to accept the offers that went out, therefore it pushed back the opening of the waitlist.

When were you waitlisted and for what programs if you don’t mind me asking? 

Hi Oisehopeful2020,

I applied to the I/S stream and I got waitlisted in April. What about you? Did they specifically mention that they'd be taking people off the waitlist in August?

Edited by Shamash

2 hours ago, Shamash said:

Hi Oisehopeful2020,

I applied to the I/S stream and I got waitlisted in April. What about you? Did they specifically mention that they'd be taking people off the waitlist in August?

Hi Shamash,

I got waitlisted for all three programs beginning of March. They just said that they extended the time period to get back to waitlisted students until the end of August. So I’m sure that means there will be some offers going out to those on the waitlist!

On 8/17/2020 at 4:21 AM, Shamash said:

Exactly. I know in 2019, they accepted  waiting students up to Sep 12 (one day before first day of fall term).  For this year , on Monday,  Sep 14 is the first day of fall for MT programs(new entry). Then we have 27 days  in the row !