OISE Master of Teaching 2020

esquid

13 hours ago, Shamash said:

Has anyone been taken off the wait-list? They started taking people off of it in May last year. I got invited to create an Acorn/JoinID account a few days ago, but then everyone who applies is required to create an Acorn account.

Sadly no...I was hoping for the same based on last year

Are you a uoft student already? Maybe this is promising news?

7 hours ago, tennnnnn said:

Sadly no...I was hoping for the same based on last year

Are you a uoft student already? Maybe this is promising news?

Nope, I'm. not at UofT. Are you saying you haven't invited to create an Acorn account? I'm sure you have or you will since every applicant is required to do so, no?

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Sangmin said:

Any one still under review? I applied before the deadline (Nov.15) and apparently no decision is made... I wonder what is going on. (I applied for I/S for Chem and Bio)

Yeah, I applied before the deadline as well and am also still under review. I applied for J/I; I am really hoping they get back to me before the end of May because UofO is making me pay acceptance fees on June 1st, but UofT is my first choice. Good luck! I hope you hear back soon as well :) 

The Master of Teaching homepage on the OISE website appears to have been updated. It used to say that they'll provide a week's notice prior to closing admissions and now it says three days. The change happened a week ago, maybe more. Are they about to release their final round of decisions?

On 5/21/2020 at 7:20 AM, Shamash said:

A lot of people on the waitlist in 2019 who were later admitted were taken off the waitlist in the first 2 weeks of May. Has anyone been taken off recently?

I don't think OISE accepts anyone off the waitlist until everyone has gotten a decision back, and there are still a few of us who are still under review. 
Good luck everyone :) 

Hey everyone, 

After 6 months of anticipation, yesterday (May 25, 2020) I received an email decision that I was put on a waitlist for the P/J division. I have read this forum for the 2019 year and saw that people were waitlisted as soon as February and March in 2019. I am worried that I have been waitlisted so late that there is a very low chance of me getting through. However, I have also read that OISE has been delayed this year with decisions because of COVID. So, that could be a possibility as to why I was waitlisted so late. Has anyone else been waitlisted for the P/J division? If so, was it before May? 

Also, does anyone know the percentage rate of getting through a waitlist at OISE? Please let me know, I am excited and nervous but do not want to get my hopes up. 

Hey everyone, 

I emailed them a few days ago since I was desperate to find out about my decision and they basically said they've been processing stuff super slow this year and there's a really high chance that my application might not have been reviewed or looked at even. Isn't that crazy? I applied before Nov 15 of last year. I need to pay deposit for my other school by June 1 and I've pretty much given up. Just a question for everyone, if I end up getting an offer after I pay my deposit at a different school, is it worth for me to just not get my deposit back and go to OISE? Thanks

2 hours ago, Kukuudas said:

Hey everyone, 

I emailed them a few days ago since I was desperate to find out about my decision and they basically said they've been processing stuff super slow this year and there's a really high chance that my application might not have been reviewed or looked at even. Isn't that crazy? I applied before Nov 15 of last year. I need to pay deposit for my other school by June 1 and I've pretty much given up. Just a question for everyone, if I end up getting an offer after I pay my deposit at a different school, is it worth for me to just not get my deposit back and go to OISE? Thanks

Hi Kukuudas,

I wish I could answer that. I don't know much about Canadian schools (I'm not Canadian) or how much the deposit is, but I guess if your heart's very set on OISE then maybe you can forego the deposit and join OISE? The deposit is a one-time expense, but if you think OISE's better than the alternative and that a degree from OISE is going to pay for itself over time way more than the other school will, then losing the deposit doesn't seem like a big deal. I don't mean to trivialize the waste of money, but if in the long run OISE makes way more sense, then a deposit doesn't matter.

On 5/26/2020 at 11:59 AM, Natty2020 said:

Hey everyone, 

After 6 months of anticipation, yesterday (May 25, 2020) I received an email decision that I was put on a waitlist for the P/J division. I have read this forum for the 2019 year and saw that people were waitlisted as soon as February and March in 2019. I am worried that I have been waitlisted so late that there is a very low chance of me getting through. However, I have also read that OISE has been delayed this year with decisions because of COVID. So, that could be a possibility as to why I was waitlisted so late. Has anyone else been waitlisted for the P/J division? If so, was it before May? 

Also, does anyone know the percentage rate of getting through a waitlist at OISE? Please let me know, I am excited and nervous but do not want to get my hopes up. 

I got waitlisted in April!

Hi all -

Congrats to those who were accepted!

I just got waitlisted for J/I. Rejected from I/S :( 

I applied at the end of April. My teachable would be Geography. My grades are probably right on the mid-B mark... I have pretty lengthy experience working with J/I age range learners in a school setting (volunteer, tutoring, afterschool program supervisor, activist work, etc.) and I'm also a current TDSB employee. 

I wonder if I'll get in off the waitlist? :( 

Good luck to everyone else waitlisted! 

I think OISE's being quite ridiculous now. They're still accepting applications and still looking at old ones. Given how long the waitlist already is and how it keeps growing, I don't think the likelihood of anyone getting off it is high. I think I'm going to start looking at programs for 2021. I think 2020 is going to be a wasted year for most people.

• 3 weeks later...

Omg. Why would they do that? :( I just applied thinking its because they have already enrolled who they have to and had space left over. After reading all of these threads it just seems like they are super behind and still making decisions, hence the applications are still left open. I paid $350 just to apply for something that I will probably be either be rejected from or waitlisted. Very frustrating indeed!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Congratulations to those who are in and hopefully those who got waitlisted have received their letters of invitation by this time.

It's really confusing and frustrating! I applied on June 26th thinking there are still open spots in the program ? ☹️ 

22 minutes ago, GiGi2022 said:

Hello everyone,

Congratulations to those who are in and hopefully those who got waitlisted have received their letters of invitation by this time.

It's really confusing and frustrating! I applied on June 26th thinking there are still open spots in the program ? ☹️ 

Ah, sorry to hear this. Have you recieved any waitlist or accepted decision? I was waitlisted and I'm losing hope as I haven't been invited.

A friend of mine said there were ppl accepted up until the first week of classes but I best make alternative plans at this point :(

14 hours ago, milkyb00 said:

Ah, sorry to hear this. Have you recieved any waitlist or accepted decision? I was waitlisted and I'm losing hope as I haven't been invited.

A friend of mine said there were ppl accepted up until the first week of classes but I best make alternative plans at this point :(

No, I haven't received anything yet! My online SGS application is still showing that my official transcripts are still pending, though my tracking shows it's been long received. I believe they are extremely overwhelmed with processing a huge volume of applications amid the COVID19 strict safety measures that they should abide by.

But it's good news that they keep processing applications till the last minute! Sure, you should be considering alternative options, yet don't lose hope, no body knows!!

May be we would be in the same cohort, since I too applied for the J/I (Math) !!?

Edited by GiGi2022
Typo

19 hours ago, Oisehopeful said:

Gigi2022- did you apply for the MT program? I actually responded to this thread but applied to the MEd in Developmental Psychology and the MA in curriculum and pedagogy. I already have my teaching degree from Buffalo.

Hi, Yes I have applied to the MT program J/I. I do not have a teaching degree. Any updates yet?