OISE Master of Teaching 2020

esquid

They'll start accepting semester fee payments on the 28th and I think they sent out all or most of their pending decisions in the first week of August. Assuming the last applicant to get a decision from them heard back on the 7th of August and that they're still giving everyone 3 weeks to decide whether or not to attend OISE then what they told you about taking people off the waitlist in late August makes sense.

Could anyone who received an acceptance letter from OISE give us some info that might prove useful?

I still haven’t heard back from the doctorate I applied to. I have the MEd offer but that expires next week. I’ve emailed OISE asking for guidance as I can’t accept or reject the MEd offer without knowing if I got into the EdD or not. It’s really frustrating! So yeah, there are definitely people still waiting to hear back. 

I hope you get good news soon!

On 8/20/2020 at 10:03 PM, Oisehopeful said:

I still haven’t heard back from the doctorate I applied to. I have the MEd offer but that expires next week. I’ve emailed OISE asking for guidance as I can’t accept or reject the MEd offer without knowing if I got into the EdD or not. It’s really frustrating! So yeah, there are definitely people still waiting to hear back. 

I hope you get good news soon!

Hi @Oisehopeful, have you heard from the EdD yet? I’m curious what they said about the mED offer deadline coming up. 

3 hours ago, Shamash said:

Nope. Heck, I started working on my 2021 applications in earnest a few weeks ago.

Were you able to pinpoint what it might be in your 2020 app that wasn't up to their acceptance standards? Sorry to hear you haven't heard back. 

This is what I'm struggling with. I'm not sure if I should go back and take a course or volunteer again, or what

I don't think they found my application lacking because they waitlisted me and my understanding is that you get waitlisted only if you meet their standards but they just don't have a spot for you. I applied late and I guess most spots had filled up by then.

Are you saying people are being taken off the waitlist and it's the stronger applicants who are coming off first? My one consolation so far has been that no one's heard back perhaps because of the pandemic. If people have been hearing back and I haven't, then I guess that pretty much confirms I'm not getting in this year.

This is the last answer from MT( Today: August 26)  regard to the expiry date of "waiting list" for 2020:

"Thank you for your continued interest in the Master of Teaching program.  If there are openings, we could contact you at any point before classes begin Monday, September 14th.  If you do not hear from us, then you would have to re-apply for the 2021 academic year."

9 hours ago, Shamash said:

I don't think they found my application lacking because they waitlisted me and my understanding is that you get waitlisted only if you meet their standards but they just don't have a spot for you. I applied late and I guess most spots had filled up by then.

Are you saying people are being taken off the waitlist and it's the stronger applicants who are coming off first? My one consolation so far has been that no one's heard back perhaps because of the pandemic. If people have been hearing back and I haven't, then I guess that pretty much confirms I'm not getting in this year.

Ah, OK, that makes a lot of sense. I know that some ppl applied later than me (March) and got in already. So I think I'll contact them to see if I could see and discuss my qualifications. 

4 minutes ago, -Al said:

This is the last answer from MT( Today: August 26)  regard to the expiry date of "waiting list" for 2020:

"Thank you for your continued interest in the Master of Teaching program.  If there are openings, we could contact you at any point before classes begin Monday, September 14th.  If you do not hear from us, then you would have to re-apply for the 2021 academic year."

Thanks for sharing AI! Sucks to be on hold for so long. But at least there's still hope.

I want to convince myself I'm not getting in and that I should focus solely on 2021 now, but how have they not taken ANYONE off yet? Sure, they might have and the people who are in now just don't want to say they are, but that doesn't seem plausible. There's this forum and apparently a facebook group too. No one's said anything so maybe they're still processing applications and all. But holding onto a hope like that feels like being at sea and holding onto a whale carcass to stop from drowning ?

10 hours ago, Shamash said:

I want to convince myself I'm not getting in and that I should focus solely on 2021 now, but how have they not taken ANYONE off yet? Sure, they might have and the people who are in now just don't want to say they are, but that doesn't seem plausible. There's this forum and apparently a facebook group too. No one's said anything so maybe they're still processing applications and all. But holding onto a hope like that feels like being at sea and holding onto a whale carcass to stop from drowning ?

Hi Shamash,

I get what you mean. However, no one being taken off the list is a good thing because that means that they might still be waiting to hear other students decisions first. In my opinion, if you have any other offer take it, and worst comes to worst and OISE does take you off the waiting list, you drop out of the other program/school and attend OISE. That is my plan. I’m not worried to loose a deposit. 
I am still very hopeful for OISE so don’t give up yet. 

On 8/27/2020 at 4:52 AM, Shamash said:

I can’t find the Facebook group. Do you mind linking it, please? 

On 8/26/2020 at 11:44 AM, -Al said:

Thanks for sharing!