Chemical Engineering PhD Fall 2020 Application Results

omega_Fractals1337

10 hours ago, ChemEBear said:

I have a feeling this week will be the craziest week with the most acceptances sent out. Good luck everyone!!

I came to know that UW Madison has released all the admits :( 

1 hour ago, Oofi3 said:

How do u know?

One of my friend is pursuing PhD under Prof. Victor, who is the graduate admissions chair at UW this year. This guy informed me that as ChemE dept offered large number of admits last year, they are offering less admits this year and the number is something around 12-15. He also informed that all the admits are released at this point of time.

As far as I can tell from results, it looks like Princeton, MIT, and Georgia Tech are yet to release a large batch of acceptances (sorry if I missed any, these are the first to come to mind). Has anyone heard of acceptances from them within the last few days?

13 minutes ago, redox9797 said:

As far as I can tell from results, it looks like Princeton, MIT, and Georgia Tech are yet to release a large batch of acceptances (sorry if I missed any, these are the first to come to mind). Has anyone heard of acceptances from them within the last few days?

Princeton has not yet. They should be released tomorrow (Wednesday 1/15).

Source: insider knowledge from friend at Princeton & I talked with one of my POI at a conference yesterday

Edited by ChemEBear

9 hours ago, shoyemiademola said:

Does anyone know about Purdue, UMich and CU Boulder?  

I mailed the graduate coordinator at UMich. She informed me they have sent the first round of admits. However, the committee will send a very small round of admits again. I guess this is for the waitlisted students, which is sent during April.

3 hours ago, Placebo said:

I mailed the graduate coordinator at UMich. She informed me they have sent the first round of admits. However, the committee will send a very small round of admits again. I guess this is for the waitlisted students, which is sent during April.

Wow, that's super early for them to have sent all(?)their first round already. I guess they must have sent them in December since that was when I saw some posts on the results page.

1 hour ago, constellationsoup said:

I’m thinking of calling them today. Also just curious, what does the status of your application say on the MyStatus webpage? 

Please update us on the call!

My status says "submitted".

28 minutes ago, ChemEBear said:

Please update us on the call!

My status says "submitted".

I’m going to call after lunch! This is for UT Austin, right? I’ve only seen “Your application for admission is in review” and now “Attention: your file has been forwarded to the Graduate Committee for review”

Any domestic applicants heard back yet? 

4 minutes ago, constellationsoup said:

I’m going to call after lunch! This is for UT Austin, right? I’ve only seen “Your application for admission is in review” and now “Attention: your file has been forwarded to the Graduate Committee for review”

Yes, for UT Austin. Thanks!

1 hour ago, constellationsoup said:

Yes, that is what the status is showing. I have seen two posts in results section two days back.

10 hours ago, anoncheme said:

Still waiting on CU Boulder... :( 

CU Boulder are giving admits in a rolling fashion. They will keep giving admits till Feb 1st week. That's what one committee member told me.

54 minutes ago, Placebo said:

CU Boulder are giving admits in a rolling fashion. They will keep giving admits till Feb 1st week. That's what one committee member told me.

I'm literally on my knees? And I submitted all the way back in October too; I was really hoping to have gotten a decision by now.

5 hours ago, shoyemiademola said:

I'm literally on my knees? And I submitted all the way back in October too; I was really hoping to have gotten a decision by now.

Lol yeah I submitted before the Nov 15 fee waiver deadline. I wanna start planning visits but they're making things difficult...

Hi guys, I got admitted by JHU ChemBE MSE, I thought it was similar to BME but actually it is more like chemical engineering. I don't know if I can make it? It sounds creepy and hard:-(

Also, I wonder if JHU's ChemBE is strong?

Edited by glvcken

4 hours ago, Oofi3 said:

Has anybody heard from Georgia Tech or U Del? Or does anyone know when they release their notifications? 

Those statistics based on thegradcafe (from 2018) show that Georgia Tech generally releases the results in February. But don't take them as a rule.

sGWNLfD.png