Chemical Engineering PhD Fall 2020 Application Results

omega_Fractals1337

26 minutes ago, AtTJP said:

Those statistics based on thegradcafe (from 2018) show that Georgia Tech generally releases the results in February. But don't take them as a rule.

sGWNLfD.png

Wow, did you make that yourself? I like GPA plot especially!

55 minutes ago, ChemEBear said:

Wow, did you make that yourself? I like GPA plot especially!

Actually, he did it for several other PhD programs, including BioE. Here is his original post on reddit, if it's on your interest.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gradadmissions/comments/7srxxy/decision_timelines_for_particular_universities/

Edited by AtTJP

19 minutes ago, Oofi3 said:

Do they send them all out in one day? 

I don't know. I emailed asking about their visit weekends and they told me the dates and that "invitations will be sent to admitted students within the next week or two." That was about two weeks ago.

13 minutes ago, redox9797 said:

@ChemEBear  (in reference to your signature) I don't think MIT sends out all acceptances on one day in January. At least they haven't in previous year results. 

I wish you were right but I decided to keep my hopes low and go through the 5 stages of loss for now LOL

Edited by ChemEBear

On 1/16/2020 at 12:26 PM, Oofi3 said:

Has anybody heard from Georgia Tech or U Del? Or does anyone know when they release their notifications? 

Georgia Tech sent me a letter back in December because of their rolling admissions process.

I applied for the Bioengineering interdisciplinary program and the Chemical Engineering department was the one that reviewed my application. 

They sent me an email on a Friday and I had a congratulatory phone call the following Monday.

Edited by Tuazeee

11 hours ago, RiddhiBanik said:

Anyone has any info on Rice University or Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute admission decisions?

I also applied to RPI. I don't think decisions come out till February based in previous posts on the results page.

Does any have info on Purdue, UMich, CU Boulder, and Notre Dame?

12 hours ago, RiddhiBanik said:

Anyone has any info on Rice University or Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute admission decisions?

I received an e-mail yesterday from Rice to schedule an interview with the admission committee.
I think they're starting to release the invites. I wish you luck!

Edited by AtTJP

1 hour ago, redox9797 said:

I am not the person who made the result post earlier, but has anyone heard from MIT/know of someone getting into MIT since last Thursday?

I heard from a current 1st year graduate student at MIT ChE that people got accepted late Jan/early Feb last year. They be dragging our hopes and dreams further before disappointing us ?

On 1/20/2020 at 3:22 PM, shoyemiademola said:

I also applied to RPI. I don't think decisions come out till February based in previous posts on the results page.

Does any have info on Purdue, UMich, CU Boulder, and Notre Dame?

CU Boulder is still sending out decisions. Got mine today.

For anyone who wants to know: 

Georgia Tech's visit weekend is March 5-8th and U Del has two: Feb 20-22 and March 12-14.

Does anyone have any info on visit weekends for U Penn or Minnesota? I've only gotten 3 responses so far (accepted into GT and U Del, rejected from Stanford)

Edited by Oofi3
Grammar Edit

3 hours ago, Oofi3 said:

For anyone who wants to know: 

Georgia Tech's visit weekend is March 5-8th and U Del has two: Feb 20-22 and March 12-14.

Does anyone have any info on visit weekends for U Penn or Minnesota? I've only gotten 3 responses so far (accepted into GT and U Del, rejected from Stanford)

Minnesota is 2/27-3/1 or 3/26-3/29

On 12/4/2019 at 1:44 AM, shoyemiademola said:

Hi guys, could someone please evaluate my profile. I'm from Nigeria btw

GPA: 4.82/5 (roughly a 3.87/4 on the US scale), from Covenant University, Nigeria (top ranked in Nigeria), 2nd in my class of around 70(class of 2018)

GRE: 160 Quant (73%)

162 Verbal (91%)

4.5 writing (81%)

I had two senior projects- one research, no publications.

LORs:

1 from my Research Supervisor

1 from my design project Supervisor

1 from a senior lecturer

I also have 18 months work experience. I'm applying to the following schools;

University of Michigan

Purdue university

University of Colorado boulder

University of Notre dame

Rensselaer polytechnic institute

University of Iowa

Stevens institute of technology

After going through some profiles here, I've been a little worried about my relative lack of research experience. I'm applying for the PhD program in ChemE

Hi,
Did you hear back anything from Iowa or Stevens?