Chemical Engineering PhD Fall 2020 Application Results

omega_Fractals1337

12 hours ago, shoyemiademola said:

Got admitted by Stevens on Friday, but no news on funding yet. Nothing from Iowa yet? Do you have any news from Iowa?

I received admission on the the same day at Stevens (Last LOR submitted in 22 Jan) and no word on funding. Who is  your 'faculty advisor' mentioned in the admission letter on application status page? I'm not sure what they mean by 'faculty advisor'. And no news from Iowa as well. I probably wasted $$ by applying there as I don't have computational experience which I'm hearing is their primary area of focus.  

1 hour ago, shoyemiademola said:

Has anyone heard from UMich recently? According to previous years' posts, they should be sending some results around this time. 

Also, anything from Purdue? 

UMich apparently sent out the first wave of admits. A smaller group of admits will be issued later on (probably for waitlisted students) 

On 1/27/2020 at 7:40 AM, gemnevermore said:

I received admission on the the same day at Stevens (Last LOR submitted in 22 Jan) and no word on funding. Who is  your 'faculty advisor' mentioned in the admission letter on application status page? I'm not sure what they mean by 'faculty advisor'. And no news from Iowa as well. I probably wasted $$ by applying there as I don't have computational experience which I'm hearing is their primary area of focus.  

Prof Kovenkliogu is the faculty advisor. He just advises you on courses you take till you get an actual advisor. He doesn't supervise graduate research.

I probably wasted $$$ too since the majority of their research is focused on computations. They do have some Profs doing experimental stuff. I'm not confident at all about Iowa since I'm only interested in the one professor that does experimental work in the energy and climate research group. What research are you interested in?

41 minutes ago, shoyemiademola said:

Prof Kovenkliogu is the faculty advisor. He just advises you on courses you take till you get an actual advisor. He doesn't supervise graduate research.

I probably wasted $$$ too since the majority of their research is focused on computations. They do have some Profs doing experimental stuff. I'm not confident at all about Iowa since I'm only interested in the one professor that does experimental work in the energy and climate research group. What research are you interested in?

Did you get info or heard anything on funding decision time-frame for Stevens or have any prior contact with any faculty? Admission letter and E-mail from Department Chair both seemed generic.  And I believe you're talking about CS (POI) at Iowa. I'm interested in Energy & Nanomaterials.

For those who have not received any decisions from Umich, this is the response I received from the admission committee regarding the status of my application: 

"Thank you for your email.  The admissions committee has reviewed your application and no decision has been made.  However, it is not likely that you will be admitted since we received a high number of outstanding applications and have limited openings. Final decisions will be made in late March.  Let me know if you have any questions."

Has anyone heard back from Washington University? I've had decisions from all my other schools for like two weeks and they're the only one who hasn't gotten back to me. At this point I'm inclined just to give up on them and plan my visits without regard for them, but it's kinda weird.

Also: as a current undergraduate at the University of Delaware, I would advise the people talking about it in this thread that despite its URL the canonical abbreviation is UD; if you tell professors here how much you're interested in the research they're doing at UDel they're not likely to be impressed :p.

On 1/28/2020 at 9:48 AM, gemnevermore said:

Did you get info or heard anything on funding decision time-frame for Stevens or have any prior contact with any faculty? Admission letter and E-mail from Department Chair both seemed generic.  And I believe you're talking about CS (POI) at Iowa. I'm interested in Energy & Nanomaterials.

I was told the fellowship decision is made in March. I guess we're interested in the same area, but I was talking about SM (POI at Iowa).

On 1/27/2020 at 1:16 AM, shoyemiademola said:

Got admitted by Stevens on Friday, but no news on funding yet. Nothing from Iowa yet? Do you have any news from Iowa?

I didn't apply to ChemE but isn't deadline for PhD at Stevens Jan 30? How do you get a decision so early

Edited by thean

13 hours ago, AtLeastOneAdmission said:

For those who have not received any decisions from Umich, this is the response I received from the admission committee regarding the status of my application: 

"Thank you for your email.  The admissions committee has reviewed your application and no decision has been made.  However, it is not likely that you will be admitted since we received a high number of outstanding applications and have limited openings. Final decisions will be made in late March.  Let me know if you have any questions."

?

Has anybody heard back from MIT's MSCEP program? According to previous years' data, results should be released on Tuesday next week, Feb 4th...

Something to share: I think JHU and U of M released their results back in Dec and early Jan.

Edited by Emmmmmm

Has anyone else applied to USC ChemE PhD program? I got email for visitation weekend March 6-7 but they haven't sent out acceptances so I'm unsure if they sent the email to everyone or not? I'm trying to see if this is a positive sign or not...  :C

Edited by moooo

• 2 weeks later...