SSHRC Postdoctoral Fellowship 2020-2021

howlx

Received my letter in Italy yesterday (can't believe it's here but some haven't received it in Canada yet??)

Successful application!!

For those interested in stats: Ranked 5/64 in committee 2B. This was my second time applying and my research proposal was nearly the same. My score the first time was 2.91 and this time 4.95 (the cutoff was 4.30). And honestly, the only significant differences was that I was submitting my thesis soon and was about to take up a one-year postdoc at the time of application. I'm in history with only one peer-reviewed article in a good journal, but lots of conference papers, invited talks, and some curatorial and public engagement stuff. SSHRC-funded for MA and PhD, which I did in the UK. A bunch of additional studentships (cause UK is stupid expensive for international students) and smaller research/travel awards. I'm absolutely thrilled with my results this year, but have also learned how arbitrary this process can be...

Best of luck to you all, be kind to yourselves!!

Edited by marigold

9 hours ago, marigold said:

Received my letter in Italy yesterday (can't believe it's here but some haven't received it in Canada yet??)

Successful application!!

For those interested in stats: Ranked 5/64 in committee 2B. This was my second time applying and my research proposal was nearly the same. My score the first time was 2.91 and this time 4.95 (the cutoff was 4.30). And honestly, the only significant differences was that I was submitting my thesis soon and was about to take up a one-year postdoc at the time of application. I'm in history with only one peer-reviewed article in a good journal, but lots of conference papers, invited talks, and some curatorial and public engagement stuff. SSHRC-funded for MA and PhD, which I did in the UK. A bunch of additional studentships (cause UK is stupid expensive for international students) and smaller research/travel awards. I'm absolutely thrilled with my results this year, but have also learned how arbitrary this process can be...

Best of luck to you all, be kind to yourselves!!

Congratulations! Still nothing here. Considering Italy is under national quarantine, I'm now officially annoyed. Fly-over states indeed. 

On 3/11/2020 at 8:10 AM, AcademicKitten said:

Hi All, 

As I still had not received my letter, I sent SSHRC an email last night, and they emailed me an electronic version of the letter today. 

Just thought I would let you know for anyone else who may be waiting :)

I'll do that on Monday, I think, if it's still not here. Is there anyone still waiting too? 

I'm still waiting in Winnipeg. I honestly wonder if the letter got lost in the mail somehow. I emailed SSHRC on Friday to ask what was going on, and they only told me that the letter had been mailed to my correct address on Feb. 28. I then asked for the results electronically, but still no response. Is the office shut down due to COVID-19?

I don't really expect to get the award, but would still like to know.

• 3 months later...

Hi! Can anyone from last year's application offer some insight:

I am confused about where to put scholarships/fellowships/research travel funding on the CCV --- in the Credentials section, or the Funded Research section?

E.g. a SSHRC Joseph Armand Bombardier PhD and MA fellowship, the SSHRC Michael Smith Foreign Study Supplement, etc. 

I would assume this goes under the Credentials section, because the drop-down menu in Credentials includes items like "fellowships, awards, scholarships..." etc., and also because the Funded Research section seems like it's for grants, as opposed to fellowships. 

BUT the Credentials section only allows 6 entries, and from reading the entires on this forum, it seems some people who won recorded 10+ awards/scholarships in their CCVs. I don't understand how they could have done this, if the Credentials section only allows 6. 

Any insight on how to best fill out the CCV is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!