FALL 2020 BUSINESS PHD APPLICANTS

usphd1920

1 hour ago, grace1234 said:

Hi! I interviewed with FSU too. Did you get campus interview invitation already?? I interviewed with them but didn't get campus interview invitation yet :(((((

Oh good luck we could be in the same biz phd cohort! I sort of pushed my way into a campus visit... so yes but only kinda. Long story short one professor mentioned pulling for me internally during the Skype interview, so in my thank you email I asked about visiting the campus. I got an affirmative and some dates and it was set up from there.

Edited by jash

41 minutes ago, jash said:

Oh good luck we could be in the same biz phd cohort! I sort of pushed my way into a campus visit... so yes but only kinda. Long story short one professor mentioned pulling for me internally during the Skype interview, so in my thank you email I asked about visiting the campus. I got an affirmative and some dates and it was set up from there.

Thank you! I am applying for OB and had my interview pretty early. My interviewer mentioned that campus interview invitations would be sent out in Feb. Are you also applying for OB? And congrats on campus interview! Good luck! 

2 hours ago, grace1234 said:

Thank you! I am applying for OB and had my interview pretty early. My interviewer mentioned that campus interview invitations would be sent out in Feb. Are you also applying for OB? And congrats on campus interview! Good luck! 

I'm applying for Marketing, CB

18 hours ago, jash said:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Wharton wants a Skype interview!!!!!!!!!!! ????

Did they send some articles to CB candidates as well?

On 2/2/2020 at 9:22 AM, auly said:

Anyone heard from Haas MORS? Cannnot find any update on gradcafe.

No, I assumed I was rejected since in previous years they were one of the first programs to send out interview invites. But I got interviews at all similarly ranked programs so far, so I'm not sure.

4 minutes ago, instajar said:

No, I assumed I was rejected since in previous years they were one of the first programs to send out interview invites. But I got interviews at all similarly ranked programs so far, so I'm not sure.

Oops do you mean top 20 strategy/mgmt programs? I think most of top 10 haven't sent out interviews? Maybe just no one is updating the gradcafe...

2 hours ago, auly said:

Oops do you mean top 20 strategy/mgmt programs? I think most of top 10 haven't sent out interviews? Maybe just no one is updating the gradcafe...

I don't think most have. There are a few on grad cafe though. By "all" in my comment, I meant "all that I know have sent out interview invites" (through grad cafe, getting one myself, or friends who got one).

On 1/31/2020 at 2:01 AM, grace1234 said:

Thank you so much!! Good luck on your interview!! 

Hi, I just finished my interview with two faculty members. They are interviewing shortlisted applicants and told me that the final decision will be made few weeks later (around late Feb? early March?) . In the meantime, additional interviews could be arranged with other faculty members. That means, I guess, the longlisted applicants may have to wait for a month to hear any (positive) update. 

16 hours ago, mgmtphd said:

Hi, I just finished my interview with two faculty members. They are interviewing shortlisted applicants and told me that the final decision will be made few weeks later (around late Feb? early March?) . In the meantime, additional interviews could be arranged with other faculty members. That means, I guess, the longlisted applicants may have to wait for a month to hear any (positive) update. 

Hi! I also got the interview from GIT, probably a little bit later than you received email! Good luck to both of us!!! 

22 hours ago, jash said:

What acceptances have you received if you don't mind me asking?

I updated all of those to the result section. Some schools reached out to me and asked whether I'm committed to going there before making the decision as well. Didn't know they would do that?

2 hours ago, DoktorDoktor said:

I updated all of those to the result section. Some schools reached out to me and asked whether I'm committed to going there before making the decision as well. Didn't know they would do that?

Interesting! So when you told the schools you had a deadline they asked whether you would say yes before accepting you? I've gotten some "good looks" but no acceptances. Hopefully that changes by the end of next week. Here's my struggle... let's say the best case scenario happens and I get in! I haven't spoken to students at every school I've applied to yet, and I certainly haven't visited every city. If I have 1-2 weeks to make a decision and end up getting several acceptances what's best practice in making a decision? Do you have a top school in mind already or how are you deciding if you don't mind me asking?

@DoktorDoktor Congratulations on the acceptances!! That is fantastic news. Sounds like you have some big decisions ahead of you. @jash Congrats on the 5 interviews,  hope your acceptance emails start rolling in right away. I only applied to 4 programs (probably should have applied to more) so its still crickets on my end. But hopefully next week we all start to get some good news. 

32 minutes ago, jash said:

Interesting! So when you told the schools you had a deadline they asked whether you would say yes before accepting you? I've gotten some "good looks" but no acceptances. Hopefully that changes by the end of next week. Here's my struggle... let's say the best case scenario happens and I get in! I haven't spoken to students at every school I've applied to yet, and I certainly haven't visited every city. If I have 1-2 weeks to make a decision and end up getting several acceptances what's best practice in making a decision? Do you have a top school in mind already or how are you deciding if you don't mind me asking?

Don't you have until mid-April to make decisions? I think that is the case for most major schools in the U.S.

Any accounting applicants? 

i have 99% gmat and 3.9 gpa (from a us school) and been in practice for the past few years. I applied to 13 and heard back from two which I think will give me an offer but my top choices said that i am first on their wait list for interviews / first on their secondary list. 

i dont even know how secondary lists work like do they extend offers to their primary group then ask me to interview me? They didnt even let me know how many were in their primary group and how many offers they are extending... :( 

6 hours ago, DHPL said:

Don't you have until mid-April to make decisions? I think that is the case for most major schools in the U.S.

As I understand from the schools and people I've spoken with, they cannot "force" a decision once an offer is extended prior to mid-April. That said, as many of the schools are fighting for the same talent they interview and extend offers to their short list candidates, specifically to those they expect will accept. They often dangle a carrot to accept sooner rather than later so they can move on to their "second tier" applicants and extend offers if needed.

Anyone please jump in to correct me if you've heard differently.