Gender/Feminist Studies (Fall 2020)

lkaitlyn

• 3 weeks later...

Same! It turns out other gender studies people, for whatever reason, have this year congregated in the Waiting It Out thread (now a little bit down the page because it's been quieter recently). Join us in commiserating there! No one seems to have heard from UCLA yet. ?

Are any of ya'll currently enrolled somewhere? I'm an undergraduate (at UCLA), and I'm finding it SO hard to focus, waiting for these results--especially those coming from UCLA Gender Studies!

23 hours ago, lkaitlyn said:

I'm an undergrad so I'm enrolled somewhere, but all classes of consisted of for me the past few weeks is scrolling through GradCafe.

Same! Or refreshing the results page. Also, congrats on your UCI acceptance! I have my interview tomorrow. 

Edited by soupnazi

Thank you! Rooting for you. At least in Sociology, the interviews were totally informal —  they'd already made admissions decisions — so I certainly would take it seriously, but not stress! :)

I'm literally responding to this thread in the middle of a class. I'm so distracted, it's ridiculous.

Edited by lkaitlyn

Thank you! I was feeling very casual about it for a while, but now I'm beginning to feel some nerves. Of course, they're not manifesting in a productive way; instead, I'm fixating on wardrobe choices. So, that's cool. As far as I know, the decisions are not yet made, but "finalists" have been invited for this recruitment visit/interview thing. 

Honestly, I was nervous that I might get a rejection right before this recruitment visit and that it would impact my confidence. So, I suppose it's a good thing that I have no news as of yet. 

6 hours ago, soupnazi said:

Thank you! I was feeling very casual about it for a while, but now I'm beginning to feel some nerves. Of course, they're not manifesting in a productive way; instead, I'm fixating on wardrobe choices. So, that's cool. As far as I know, the decisions are not yet made, but "finalists" have been invited for this recruitment visit/interview thing. 

Honestly, I was nervous that I might get a rejection right before this recruitment visit and that it would impact my confidence. So, I suppose it's a good thing that I have no news as of yet. 

Are you referring to UCLA Gender Studies? Have they historically offered recruitment visits to every finalist?

17 minutes ago, CaliAcademic said:

Are you referring to UCLA Gender Studies? Have they historically offered recruitment visits to every finalist?

No no. Sorry for the confusion! I have not yet heard from UCLA Gender Studies at all (for an interview or otherwise). The recruitment visit is for UC Irvine (also a different interdisciplinary program). 

Edited by soupnazi

I love you all but if anyone here is posting on the Results page about UCLA asking when it will come out, please ask questions in the forums (here!) instead. It's giving me a heart attack to see UCLA on the Results page when people are actually just asking a question meant for the forums. ♥️

But in answer to that question, it seems like no one has heard. Enough of us have applied that I'd imagine someone would post in the Results area if they got accepted!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had an interview with Rutgers back in January. I was told I'd hear back within two to three weeks. I emailed them two weeks later (mid-February) to check in and was told (from a faculty member within the department) that they are still waiting on the graduate school to inform them of financial aid packages and how many people they can admit. She said she would let me know as soon as she hears anything. I am still waiting, so I doubt any admits have gone out yet. 

Edited by lowkey2020

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/5/2020 at 7:28 AM, lowkey2020 said:

I had an interview with Rutgers back in January. I was told I'd hear back within two to three weeks. I emailed them two weeks later (mid-February) to check in and was told (from a faculty member within the department) that they are still waiting on the graduate school to inform them of financial aid packages and how many people they can admit. She said she would let me know as soon as she hears anything. I am still waiting, so I doubt any admits have gone out yet. 

Congrats on the interview! Things probably got slowed down because of the COVID-19 thing going on— keep your hopes up!

I applied and have not heard back so I know they haven't sent rejections!! LOL