Hi I recently took my GREs and I got a 140 (Quantitative) 145 (Verbal) with the application deadlines coming up I am nervous of not getting accepted into a program. I am applying to 10 schools and my GPA is a 3.4 in CSDCAS, I have a lot of experience and I recently just finished interning with a speech pathologist at a school. I am just nervous about my GRE scores and I am not taking them again since I have to focus on the essays and submitting. 

4 hours ago, Speechie333 said:

Hi @futurespeechpath1 thank you so much for replying! I am still waiting on the writing score 3.4 overall and 3.3 in my minor which was the SLP classes! Just super nervous for my GRE scores affecting my application ?

I know 3 people who had that exact GPA and got in!! 2 off the waitlist 1 directly but that doesn't matter because they were clearly on the higher side of the waitlist to get an offer. Use magoosh that helped me so much it boosted my score by 4 points. I would look into different programs and getting involved in NSSLHA or research or any relevant experience is always huge.

1 hour ago, Speechie333 said:

@futurespeechpath1  I'm not taking the GREs again ? Do you think my scores will still get me within the pool of applicants? I have a other of experience and an internship with a speech pathologist as well. 

I do know people who got into programs with the same scores so I do think you'll be okay since I really don't think your GPA is bad. I think if you pick less competitive schools that not many people apply too that'll help too and if you can get out of state definitely do that too since some schools reserve spots for out of state students. It sounds like you have really good experiences which will definitely give you an advantage 

10 hours ago, Speechie333 said:

@futurespeechpath1  Giving me so much hope ☺️ I appreciate it so much! I'm going to follow you! Lets keep in touch on the possible Graduate schools we'll go too. Thank you again you just took a lot of stress off my shoulders. ❤️

Definitely! Good luck!!

• 1 month later...

I know it's overwhelming sitting for the GRE and it's a pricey exam, I took it twice and my scores are decent (GPA 3.8, 152 V, 139 Q 4.0 AW) but I will be retaking it again in the next few months before applying to programs for the next application cycle due to my low math score. I think you should consider retaking them! Just study for 1-2 months and use Magoosh. Make a list of the schools you are applying to, look at the average GRE scores for those schools, and if you are no where near their GRE scores definitely retake. I have friends that are in overpriced programs and will come out with 6 figure loans just because they did not want to retake the GRE and put in the time/effort to boost their scores. As someone who has applied for a few application cycles if you do not get into any programs that'll just be another full year to wait for the next app cycle. 

I think you have the potential to get in with those scores! I had V:145, Q:143 and writing: 4.5, I got into two schools, waitlisted at one and rejected to another for now. I have 6 more places I'm waiting on. Do not give up hope!

Like FutureSpeechPath said, just make sure that you're applying to less competitive schools or even private school have a higher acceptance rate because they are usually a bit more costly. I'd look into schools on Edfind and see what schools have relatively low average GRE's.