carolinaji

Hi! 

So last February of 2019 I was waitlisted to Marymount University's forensic and legal psychology master's program! I was told I was in the top third out of 40-50 people. I have been told by one person that had applied to this program that the year previous to that she was waitlisted and that for 2019 she got admitted. Do you think the chances would be that good for me as well? I am definitely re applying this year and I just hope the same outcome goes for me, where I was waitlisted last year and then admitted this year. For this particular program, they say they get around 200 applicants and accept about 95 students. Thoughts?

Thank you guys! 

12 hours ago, carolinaji said:

Hi! 

So last February of 2019 I was waitlisted to Marymount University's forensic and legal psychology master's program! I was told I was in the top third out of 40-50 people. I have been told by one person that had applied to this program that the year previous to that she was waitlisted and that for 2019 she got admitted. Do you think the chances would be that good for me as well? I am definitely re applying this year and I just hope the same outcome goes for me, where I was waitlisted last year and then admitted this year. For this particular program, they say they get around 200 applicants and accept about 95 students. Thoughts?

Thank you guys! 

Hello, fellow waitlisted candidate here (different schools/ programs). I like to think that our chances are strong. However, every year the applicant pool will differ, so it's impossible to say.  That being said, you were close last year, and I'm assuming you've added experience on top of that, so you probably have a good shot!

Edited by springxsummer

On 1/13/2020 at 11:02 PM, springxsummer said:

Hello, fellow waitlisted candidate here (different schools/ programs). I like to think that our chances are strong. However, every year the applicant pool will differ, so it's impossible to say.  That being said, you were close last year, and I'm assuming you've added experience on top of that, so you probably have a good shot!

Hey! thank you so much!! fingers crossed for this year! I forgot to mention that last year I applied as a full time student and this year I applied as a part time student. Do you think this worsens or betters my chances? I can see it both ways, but hard to tell! 

7 hours ago, carolinaji said:

Hey! thank you so much!! fingers crossed for this year! I forgot to mention that last year I applied as a full time student and this year I applied as a part time student. Do you think this worsens or betters my chances? I can see it both ways, but hard to tell! 

Honestly, I have no idea! But good luck :)