Tufts Fletcher Fall 2020 MALD Email from Senior Director of Admissions?

whatdoesthismean

So I just got an email with the subject line “an update from the fletcher school” from Dan Birdsall at admissions. It was personalized (addressed to me by name with things he enjoyed reading about in my application). Did anyone else get this/know if there’s a history of these being sent out and what it could mean? Probably just a courtesy thing to applicants while we wait, but I’m curious! Thanks!

That sounds promising. I also applied there but got no such email lol. What were your stats if you dont mind? 

I did get a phone call tho from Korbel at Uni Denver just to tell me they were waiting on one more letter of recommendation before they reviewed my whole application about a month ago. I thought it was odd but in a good promising way. 

17 hours ago, whatdoesthismean said:

So I just got an email with the subject line “an update from the fletcher school” from Dan Birdsall at admissions. It was personalized (addressed to me by name with things he enjoyed reading about in my application). Did anyone else get this/know if there’s a history of these being sent out and what it could mean? Probably just a courtesy thing to applicants while we wait, but I’m curious! Thanks!

I also got the same email.. I don't know what it means either, hoped to find out by researching through the previous years' forums but didn't really get an answer. Just that some people get it and some don't. I hope someone knows and lets us know.. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/23/2022 at 8:38 PM, jahnavimukul said:

I also got an email from them in late Jan. It was from Henry Chambers in the admissions team. Idk if it means anything but I feel a bit hopeful haha

Oh great! I see you're an applicant from India as well. Wonder if they do it to attract international students. Fletcher is still my 'niche' choice and a few positions below in preference but if they validate me like this, thinks could change :)