Cambridge PhD: "Under review by Degree Committee"?

pangenome

Hey all,

I'm a Fall 2020 Genetics PhD applicant for the University of Cambridge. I've had a Skype interview with a POI 2 weeks ago, and I realized that my status on the portal changed from "under review by the Department" to "under review by the Degree Committee" just yesterday.

Anyone know what this means? Thanks in advance!

35 minutes ago, pangenome said:

Hey all,

I'm a Fall 2020 Genetics PhD applicant for the University of Cambridge. I've had a Skype interview with a POI 2 weeks ago, and I realized that my status on the portal changed from "under review by the Department" to "under review by the Degree Committee" just yesterday.

Anyone know what this means? Thanks in advance!

https://www.graduate.study.cam.ac.uk/application-process/what-happens-next

Hey, buddy! I'm currenly in the same situation as you. Under review by Degree Committee is part of the process after your application is approved by the department. It usually takes 10 days for them to process it. After that, it'll be sent to the Graduate Admission Office (GAO) where you can get your formal offer (conditional). 

You'll be notified and given your account for Applicant Self-Service where you can upload materials for meeting these conditions, and you'll be allocated one place at one of the colleges in the University of Cambridge. 

Best wishes! Most probably we can meet in October in Cambridge. 

• 4 months later...