Yale Jackson 2020 - Master's

keurimja

On 2/4/2020 at 8:50 PM, keurimja said:

Didn't see a Yale Jackson 2020 M.A. in Global Affairs thread created yet.

Hoping to connect with others who applied!

Congrats on getting accepted to Columbia and UChicago!! Also applied to Jackson and SIPA. 

On 2/4/2020 at 7:31 PM, justaname said:

I applied! But it’s a long shot for me. 

Hoping for the best! I'm confident in my gpa/test scores, but I know that for programs of this caliber, stats represent only one small component of the application.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2020 at 11:53 PM, keurimja said:

In case it's helpful to anyone, according to previous Yale Jackson threads I came across (2016, 2017, 2019), the decisions release date has consistently been March 7th/8th. Hoping for the best :)

Which programme is your top choice?

21 hours ago, Yass said:

Which programme is your top choice?

This will sound cliche, but I like each for different reasons. My plan is to avoid getting too attached to a particular program in case that school rejects me ?

1 minute ago, bkscholar said:

If GSAS goes by the timeline that @keurimja noted, I think we might find out this Thursday/Friday! Anyone else a nervous wreck while waiting?

I'm pretty nervous because I submitted before December 1 to save on the fee. So much waiting!

Hmm I just logged into the Yale application portal and saw that all my application information had disappeared (documents received, instructional text, etc.). Wonder if that means anything?

Checked again and I was dinged. Good luck to everyone else!

I suspect that my lack of directly relevant post-grad experience, foreign language proficiency, and last-minute application were among the most significant contributors to the decision I received. It was still worth a shot nonetheless.

Edited by keurimja

19 minutes ago, keurimja said:

Checked again and I was dinged. Good luck to everyone else!

I suspect that my lack of directly relevant post-grad experience, foreign language proficiency, and last-minute application were among the most significant contributors to the decision I received. It was still worth a shot nonetheless.

Wait are decisions out ?? 

Just now, polapp20 said:

Dinged ? But SO happy for you @justaname !! congratulations! Is Yale your first choice ?

I'm sorry to hear that. But you've got some incredible choices. HKS is coming next week - fingers crossed for you!

I‘ll have to see what HKS has to offer. I would love to do a MPP/JD at Yale if HKS does not work out. 

4 minutes ago, justaname said:

I'm sorry to hear that. But you've got some incredible choices. HKS is coming next week - fingers crossed for you!

I‘ll have to see what HKS has to offer. I would love to do a MPP/JD at Yale if HKS does not work out. 

Thank you!! Yes I'm not too bummed but hoping for good news next week. Fingers crossed for both us on that one! Celebrate today!