TOEFL waiver for international student

zkysfls

Hello, I am an international student who transferred from China in September 2018 and I am going to apply for graduate school at the end of this year. I saw that many schools says that if an international student wants to get a waiver for TOEFL, he or she must study in US for three years or has a bachelor degree. So in my case can I get a waiver or should I take TOEFL again?

Hi, I am also from China.

It totally depedents on the program and university you are interested in. I suggest you to visit the program website on your own, or send emails to potential supervisors. For example, I am interested in phd in business admin and I sent 2 emails to 2 professors:

Prof. A from Indiana U says TOEFL score is mandatory; and Prof. B from Boston U says I can apply for TOEFL waiver, providing that my master-level program is taught in English, irrespctive of the country. 

Good Luck!

Edited by liaoqj1991
typo

23 hours ago, zkysfls said:

Hello, I am an international student who transferred from China in September 2018 and I am going to apply for graduate school at the end of this year. I saw that many schools says that if an international student wants to get a waiver for TOEFL, he or she must study in US for three years or has a bachelor degree. So in my case can I get a waiver or should I take TOEFL again?

I suggest u to take it anyways. Schools' policies vary a lot. U may find out u need a score anyways. Plus, if you did undergrad in english, I bet a toefl test is not hard for you.