Fordham MSW 2020

Djedi22

Hey everyone so I started this thread because there was no thread for Fordham’s MSW program for Fall 2020 ... unless there is (sorry) I applied Feb. 1 2020 and am waiting now ~ to the Westchester campus. Let me know what you guys did.

On 2/11/2020 at 4:12 PM, Djedi22 said:

Hey everyone so I started this thread because there was no thread for Fordham’s MSW program for Fall 2020 ... unless there is (sorry) I applied Feb. 1 2020 and am waiting now ~ to the Westchester campus. Let me know what you guys did.

Hi! I finished my application on January 31st, and I received my acceptance letter on Valentine's Day! I will be attending Fordham Lincoln Center since it's the most convenient to me with the subway and just the commute in general. I wish you the very best! I am hoping you get in!

18 hours ago, ubemochis said:

Hi! I finished my application on January 31st, and I received my acceptance letter on Valentine's Day! I will be attending Fordham Lincoln Center since it's the most convenient to me with the subway and just the commute in general. I wish you the very best! I am hoping you get in!

Congratulations ???? gosh I’m so nervous Fordham is my first choice I called and they said I would hear back mid March I’m not sure if this is for all campuses or each one is different but I really hope I get into Fordham ?

On 2/16/2020 at 9:44 PM, ubemochis said:

Hellooooo :) I got accepted in Fordham Westchester got the news on the 19th with a merit scholarship ? 

8 hours ago, Djedi22 said:

Hellooooo :) I got accepted in Fordham Westchester got the news on the 19th with a merit scholarship ? 

Congratulations!!! I wish you the best of luck on your graduate school journey! I’m so nervous, especially with taking out loans because I’ve never done so before. I currently go to a CUNY so I didn’t really need to do so. Fordham gave me a merit scholarship too, but it is definitely not enough to cover the tuition ?

2 hours ago, ubemochis said:

Congratulations!!! I wish you the best of luck on your graduate school journey! I’m so nervous, especially with taking out loans because I’ve never done so before. I currently go to a CUNY so I didn’t really need to do so. Fordham gave me a merit scholarship too, but it is definitely not enough to cover the tuition ?

I went to Lehman College :) Hunter still waiting on ... but Fordham is my top choice loans are crazy but I’ll be applying to scholarships and look at agencies that offer tuition reimbursement and try to find a job within that now :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2020 at 9:44 PM, ubemochis said:

Hi! I got into Fordham Lincoln Center as well! I'm still waiting for other schools but Fordham is one of my top choices!

@ubemochis @CluMSW Congrats to you two! I also received my acceptance to Fordham and may be attending the Lincoln Center. I've been debating between Fordham, CU and NYU and quite frankly, I'm not trying to drown in debt. Fordham offered the most reasonable package and is the most cost efficient compared to the other two.

Maybe, we'll bump into each other in class.

I was accepted to the Fall 2020 MSW advanced standing at Lincoln Center... I was really really wanting Fordham as it was my top choice, but the financial aid package is terrible. IMO. I might have to reconsider but I'm still waiting on decisions from two schools. Anyone else want to share what they received? I was offered $3,000 but I see lots of other schools offering 10-12k ?

• 1 month later...
On 3/9/2020 at 10:52 PM, MyMSW2020 said:

@ubemochis @CluMSW Congrats to you two! I also received my acceptance to Fordham and may be attending the Lincoln Center. I've been debating between Fordham, CU and NYU and quite frankly, I'm not trying to drown in debt. Fordham offered the most reasonable package and is the most cost efficient compared to the other two.

What was fordhams financial offer to you? The day after my acceptance they send that I got a merit based scholarship oh 6,000 speed through 2 years so not much. But do they also offer any need based assistance? I have submitted my fafsa. 

On 3/9/2020 at 10:52 PM, MyMSW2020 said:

When you are talking about Fordhams finically package; does refer to the small merit scholarships. Or is there more? I’ve been confused him those for days 

On 4/18/2020 at 7:18 AM, Emma Carson said:

What was fordhams financial offer to you? The day after my acceptance they send that I got a merit based scholarship oh 6,000 speed through 2 years so not much. But do they also offer any need based assistance? I have submitted my fafsa. 

So I applied for their part-time program since I will be working full-time. I received a merit scholarship of a total of $9,000 ($3,000 per year). I was told that they offer need based assistance as well. I advise you email the fin. aid office (financialaid@fordham.edu).

I decided to decline Fordham's offer and accepted to NYU after my long debates. 

• 2 months later...
On 4/15/2020 at 7:52 PM, texas_msw_2020 said:

I got accepted to Fordham too, but for their online MSW program. I'm trying to decide between Fordham and a few other programs right now. Curious to hear from those who are definitely going to Fordham and why you decided on them?

Hey Texas_Msw_2020!  did you decide?  Where will you attend this fall?