CMU Heinz 2020

HelloItsMe

On 3/6/2020 at 12:27 PM, lime_in_the_coconut said:

How can you tell when your application was complete?  It says that my application was submitted on January 10 and that the video interview was received on January 15 (all other materials were received even before then).  Does that mean that my application was officially complete on January 15?

Their website is pretty specific - "Supporting materials (transcripts, test scores, recommendations) can arrive after the deadline without negatively impacting your admission decision or scholarship review." The video interview is a supporting material. 

Basically, the review committee won't see your app until everything was submitted, but that won't affect your chances of admission. I submitted my application on Jan 10, but processing delays meant they didn't "receive" my transcript until Feb 12. I submitted the video interview Feb 14, and I got an admissions decision last week.

8 hours ago, lime_in_the_coconut said:

Thank you all.  I actually just received my acceptance letter along with aid :)

Congratulations! :)

Do they send out acceptances on the weekends as well?

On 2/29/2020 at 1:00 PM, zissel said:

Yes it was the usual admissions portal and just now has something at the top called "Status Update" right above "Application Checklist". Then when I clicked on the "Status Update" link it took me to a page saying I got in and scholarship info. I weirdly didn't get an email or anything first but it looks like some other people did so not sure what's up with that.

I applied to the MSPPM-DA program if that helps. 

Congrats! In for the same track :)

DA track here. I completed my application on 18th Feb, but still haven't heard anything from the AO. I guess they might notify the rest this week (by mid-March!)...

Anyway, wish you all good luck :)

13 hours ago, 1stgengradstudent615 said:

Hey everyone, congrats on your admissions! I got into the 2 year Pittsburgh track and was wondering if anyone knew how difficult it would be to switch into the DC track? For those who got into the DC track what made you want to be apart of that track?

I'm a current student and I've hard a few of my classmates in the Pittsburgh track talk about considering switching (but opting not to go through with it), so I think it's pretty doable. I would e-mail the program director (Gladys Perez Sriprasert) if it's something that you're considering.

Got into MSPPM-DA track a few weeks back. But I'd also love to study and work in DC. Just found this sub-track, (Master of Science in Public Policy and Management-Data Analytic (MSPPM-DA) Public Interest Technologies in Washington DC (PiT-DC) Track), did anyone opt to this track? Or is it doable for a MSPP,-DA track student to pursue this option? 

I found it in the tuition fee page: https://www.cmu.edu/sfs/tuition/graduate/hc-ppm.html and PiT page: https://www.heinz.cmu.edu/about/public-interest-technology/. But nothing more..

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, 

I have a very specific dilemma. I am a Fulbright scholarship recipient and the process of application varies for us; whereby, IIE applies on our behalf to various schools. There was a major confusion and they applied for MSPPM instead of the MSPPM-DA track at CMU-Heinz and i'm furious/angry/upset because after a 6 year career in business planning, I wanted my trajectory to move toward an analytic-centric program. Is it possible to switch? what is the likelihood that this will happen and who do i contact prior to joining this fall? 

On 5/5/2020 at 7:30 AM, suppitysup said:

Hi guys, 

I have a very specific dilemma. I am a Fulbright scholarship recipient and the process of application varies for us; whereby, IIE applies on our behalf to various schools. There was a major confusion and they applied for MSPPM instead of the MSPPM-DA track at CMU-Heinz and i'm furious/angry/upset because after a 6 year career in business planning, I wanted my trajectory to move toward an analytic-centric program. Is it possible to switch? what is the likelihood that this will happen and who do i contact prior to joining this fall? 

I know newly admitted students and applicants email sometimes about switching programs under normal circumstances. Email Heinz Admissions (hnzadmit@andrew.cmu.edu) if you haven't already and tell them your situation.

• 4 months later...

Hello Anyone,

I am applying to the MSPPM-DC pathway for Fall 2021. I am currently wrapping up my Personal Statement and wanted to ask if writing about professors and interest in their research is suggested when applying to this program. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Hello Anyone,

I am applying to the MSPPM-DC pathway for Fall 2021. I am currently wrapping up my Personal Statement and wanted to ask if writing about professors and interest in their research is suggested when applying to this program. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!