Opting out of consideration b/c of other acceptances

whitmanic

I interviewed with a program last week, and am sure that I won't be attending, in light of other offers. Should I reach out to tell them to take me out of consideration?

Would rather them focus on people who might actually go.

I agree, I did this and it was very well received. I let them know in the email how thankful I was for their consideration and hope that our paths will cross in the future :). I've only received positive responses and it made me feel good too knowing that I was being considerate :)

I'm finding it difficult to find the right words to tell a PI that I really liked (and that expressed a strong interest in working with me but has not yet extended offers) that I need to remove my application from consideration and plan to accept another offer ?Would anyone mind sharing how they worded these emails?

On 2/26/2020 at 8:20 AM, Buttercup07 said:

I'm finding it difficult to find the right words to tell a PI that I really liked (and that expressed a strong interest in working with me but has not yet extended offers) that I need to remove my application from consideration and plan to accept another offer ?Would anyone mind sharing how they worded these emails?

I would be curious to see how others have worded these emails, too