Georgetown SFS, SSP 2020

QP6161

10 hours ago, PupCakes said:

I applied. Haven't heard anything yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll be soon, though!

Same! Of all the programs, they seem to be the most tight-lipped. Which I think is good and bad.

I received an email from the SFS Admissions Director on Tuesday saying that they are recommending to Georgetown's Graduate School of Arts and Sciences that I be offered a place on the waitlist. She said Georgetown's Graduate School will release an official offer on March 23 with instructions on how to respond to a waitlist offer. 

On 3/6/2020 at 10:15 AM, DC_COFFEE said:

I received an email from the SFS Admissions Director on Tuesday saying that they are recommending to Georgetown's Graduate School of Arts and Sciences that I be offered a place on the waitlist. She said Georgetown's Graduate School will release an official offer on March 23 with instructions on how to respond to a waitlist offer. 

19 hours ago, iskandera said:

I am also waiting on an official acceptance letter as well.

Are you both referring to the SFS security studies program or the MSFS program?

On 3/7/2020 at 3:19 PM, QP6161 said:

Are you both referring to the SFS security studies program or the MSFS program?

Oh I guess that's a bit confusing, MSFS is also referred to as SFS: https://sfs.georgetown.edu/

I've heard the security studies program more often referred to as SSP or CSS (Center for Security Studies). https://css.georgetown.edu/

1 minute ago, FarrahNam said:

Just got my SSP admission email from Payton!

Same, congrats! Any word on funding in your notification? Mine just said official notice is forthcoming, so assuming it would be in there.

1 minute ago, QP6161 said:

Same, congrats! Any word on funding in your notification? Mine just said official notice is forthcoming, so assuming it would be in there.

To you as well, nothing yet. They did not, however, fail to mention that a Georgetown education is pricey. Do keep us updates though.

On 3/12/2020 at 2:44 PM, FarrahNam said:

To you as well, nothing yet. They did not, however, fail to mention that a Georgetown education is pricey. Do keep us updates though.

Have you heard anything on funding yet?