HKS Waitlist 2020

Jenjenlx

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know who said that Columbia SIPA has significantly improved its financial aid but that is absolutely untrue. You have virtually no chance of getting aid your first year unless you are in the Barnard or Columbia 4+1 program. Financial aid your second year is better but awards average less than 50% of tuition. SIPA simply does not have the endowment.

On 4/25/2020 at 1:04 AM, Mppirgradschool said:

"Having worked abroad, people view Harvard as a purely academic, theoretical place with bookish individuals."

I'd say that is 100% wrong. I've worked for the UN and in Europe and HKS is known as a school of applied public policy. Little theoretical about it. WWS is much more theoretical and advertises that fact. HKS is known for the number of faculty who have worked in government. The "intellectual" university is University of Chicago. Columbia SIPA is much like SAIS, though its domestic public policy program (MPA) is not nearly as renowned as HKS.

On 8/10/2020 at 2:12 PM, fc1922 said:

I don't know who said that Columbia SIPA has significantly improved its financial aid but that is absolutely untrue. You have virtually no chance of getting aid your first year unless you are in the Barnard or Columbia 4+1 program. Financial aid your second year is better but awards average less than 50% of tuition. SIPA simply does not have the endowment.

100% true, I got into SIPA no problem and they gave me a little $10,000 scholarship which would’ve landed me $90,000 in debt! No thanks I’m a public servant I don’t work for a fortune 500 company. NYU too, very little scholarship aid. Only reason Harvard is affordable is because my department has a scholarship that fully pays for it