So, what if I never hear back?

I've heard from every other program I've applied to by now...except ETSU. Based on the results page here on gradcafe (which I spend way too much time on, btw) They have sent out acceptances, waitlists, and rejections. I checked my portal and it still says my application is under review. Is it possible that I just won't hear back from them? Is that a thing?

I applied to them just for fun anyway, so I won't be heartbroken if I get a rejection-I've already been accepted to other schools that I will more likely attend. I just thought it was interesting that given the $60 application fee I haven't even received a response yet. Has anyone else experienced something like this? How did it work out for you?

I would recommend emailing them and asking for an update! Maybe they send out applications in waves, or maybe they had a technical difficulty, or maybe your application was marked incomplete or something. 

I would also recommend reaching out. For the most part, I'd say it isn't bad news to not hear yet. However, if they are already starting to fill their cohort, I would recommend reaching out. If it is just a technical error and maybe they would except you, I imagine you'd want to know before making a decision. Good luck!

Hi! I wrote this for another sub but this is what I sent out to grad schools. Obviously change the wording a little but this is what I said:

Dear Dr. ________,

I want to reach out and thank you for the opportunity to interview with you and the rest of the__________ faculty (if you didn't interview just say thank you for your time). It was eye-opening to learn that (insert what stuck out to you about their program). One of the biggest reasons I applied to______ was for a ______________________. If admitted, (insert if you will enroll/ if you are interested in research or GA position/what you will do for the school).

I can really see myself insert what you are looking for in a grad school. I believe insert you're a good fit for program and whyEmphasize what you can do for the school!

Being accepted to a program of this caliber insert what getting accepted would mean to you. Thank you again for generously sharing your time with me and the other qualified individuals. I look forward to hearing from ____________________ and hopefully representing the school in the future. 

Sincerely,