Phd programs that accept masters credit

UndergradDad

Many, many programs do this. I doubt there is any document/site that keeps track in one spot.

As I understand it, often programs will accept 8-30 credits, but the credits cannot go toward another MA at your PhD-granting institution and it often consumes credits that fall into categories like classes taken credit/no-credit, or classes transferred, or classes taken outside department.

Also, some programs determine student progress by the credits they earn. So this might change dates like when your comp exams or papers are due, or when you are expected to get your prospectus.

As such, I encourage you to collect that information on a case-by-case basis.

As for me, I was able to transfer 24 credits. This meant a whole year of difference. It did not affect my deadlines for major milestones because I transferred at the end of my 2nd year rather than when I entered.

[edit] P.S.

Save every syllabus and major paper for your classes you hope to transfer. Your department might have a complicated approval process.

Edited by Duns Eith

I very strongly recommend that you understand that what you can do may not be what you should do. While policies may allow for transfer credit to shorten the amount of coursework one does, the Powers That Be in one's department may have a different vision for what their students should do. A thing, if not the thing, to keep in mind is that professors, not policies, are the guardians of the profession you aspire to join.

Hello,I am sure that you can see on the online application whether or not the fee can be paid with a MasterCard. Otherwise, you will have to use a different type of card, like Visa or Discover. Hope this clears things up.