MPH 2021 Canada

12 minutes ago, rko said:

Did any international applicant manage to get offer from any university yet ? Going through threads it seems like those who are sharing the good news most of them are domestic applicant.

Not yet. Yesterday I got rejection from McMaster.

15 minutes ago, Canadaapplicant said:

Has any international applicant got an offer or rejection yet? From any university? Please let us know through this message.

1 hour ago, rko said:

Did any international applicant manage to get offer from any university yet ? Going through threads it seems like those who are sharing the good news most of them are domestic applicant.

I am an international applicant! I got offers from Western, Toronto and McGill, got rejected by UBC yesterday. 

2 minutes ago, angelazy said:

I am an international applicant! I got offers from Western, Toronto and McGill, got rejected by UBC yesterday. 

Wow, probably you're the first international applicant (in this forum) to get a response so far.. Would u mind sharing the details, which course and ur stats? 

Edited by Canadaapplicant

1 hour ago, Excel725 said:

Congrats!!! What stats and experiences did you apply with if you don't mind sharing? 

Thank you!! I'm a domestic applicant, science background, 3.93 cGPA. I had a few leadership roles throughout undergrad and several experiences in community outreach and advocacy working with marginalized groups since high school. Not much directly in public health, but some experiences were naturally tied to the social determinants of health which I tried to highlight in my LOI. Did a bit of research as well with 1 pub.

Best of luck with your apps!

Edited by mph21

3 hours ago, mph21 said:

Got an offer from McMaster earlier this week and waiting to hear from Queen's and UofT (Health Promo)!

Wanted to ask if anyone else who got a Mac offer has their application status still listed as pending with no response due date? I'm not sure where to access the "online response form" noted in the email. Thanks in advance!

My status says conditional and I have an expiry date and an option to accept or decline. I happened to check mosaic earlier today and it actually changed before I got the email. 

It's possible it could take a few days to update everyone? 

Edited by Confusedfrog

36 minutes ago, Canadaapplicant said:

Wow, probably you're the first international applicant (in this forum) to get a response so far.. Would u mind sharing the details, which course and ur stats? 

I applied to McGill's MscPH(non-thesis), UBC's OEH, Western's MPH, and Toronto's MPP. I did my undergrad at the University of Waterloo, CGPA3.9, last two years GPA 4.0. I only have four months working experience in a  health corporation, but I think my manager's recommendation letter helped a lot. 

33 minutes ago, angelazy said:

I applied to McGill's MscPH(non-thesis), UBC's OEH, Western's MPH, and Toronto's MPP. I did my undergrad at the University of Waterloo, CGPA3.9, last two years GPA 4.0. I only have four months working experience in a  health corporation, but I think my manager's recommendation letter helped a lot. 

That's amazing! I have a doubt though.. Ain't UofWaterloo in Canada? How come u are an international applicant? 

6 minutes ago, Canadaapplicant said:

That's amazing! I have a doubt though.. Ain't UofWaterloo in Canada? How come u are an international applicant? 

Yes the school is in Canada but I am an international student, not sure if they treat me differently from people who did their undergrad outside of Canada tho. Maybe it takes longer for schools to verify degrees completed in other countries?

Best luck with your applications!!

Edited by angelazy

8 hours ago, mph21 said:

Got an offer from McMaster earlier this week and waiting to hear from Queen's and UofT (Health Promo)!

Wanted to ask if anyone else who got a Mac offer has their application status still listed as pending with no response due date? I'm not sure where to access the "online response form" noted in the email. Thanks in advance!

I have the same, response due date is blank.

9 hours ago, rko said:

Yeah I'm an international student and got an offer from SFU MPH

8 hours ago, Confusedfrog said:

My status says conditional and I have an expiry date and an option to accept or decline. I happened to check mosaic earlier today and it actually changed before I got the email. 

It's possible it could take a few days to update everyone? 

What is the expiry date to accept the offer?

13 hours ago, Zain96 said:

I was waitlisted last year, didn't hear back until julyish that i was rejected - so im guessing they keep it open until then to hear back from ppl etc. i know for med schools ppl recommend  reaching out to the school with updated letters that add something to ur application (not sure if it's the same for grad school tho). Good luck! hope you get in!! ❤️ 

Hi, just curious to know if you received the 'waitlist' email around March/April or much later on. Also did you end up asking what position on the waitlist you were on.

3 minutes ago, BEN29 said:

Hi, just curious to know if you received the 'waitlist' email around March/April or much later on. Also did you end up asking what position on the waitlist you were on.

Just checked; I got the email on Mar 11. They didn't say what number on the waitlist I was & I didn't ask I don't think! 

12 hours ago, mph21 said:

Congratulations! It would be best to check with the admissions team directly and let them know that you weren't able to access the form. They may have forgotten to attach it.

18 hours ago, bbj said:

I'm prescreening too! that makes me feel better 

Okay phew! I also applied for global health and i've been 'under review' since January so I have no idea what is going on or which one is worse lol